xxx | polyjuice potion

Second Floor Bathroom

── •✧• ──

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 meant that the Polyjuice Potion was nearly complete. Dakota walked into the second floor bathroom with the final bit needed – hair from whomever they were turning into. She gave Aliyah a strand of Pansy Parkinson's hair, which she'd gotten off of the girl's pillow.

Harry and Ron rushed in a few moments later wearing Crabbe and Goyle's robes. Hermione ladled out four glasses of the Polyjuice Potion and handed them to Aliyah and the boys, keeping one for herself. They added the hairs. Dakota's nose scrunched when she saw the potion bubble.

"Ew." Ron gagged. "Essence of Crabbe."

"That sounds like the world's most disgusting cologne," Aliyah mumbled, shaking her head at the thought.

"Cheers," Hermione said, and the four of them clinked their glasses before drinking. Dakota was glad that she didn't have to take the Polyjuice Potion. Judging by the grossed out looks on their faces, it couldn't have tasted good.

Ron was the first to drop his glass and run into a stall, Hermione and Aliyah following suit. Harry groaned and dropped his glass. He grabbed onto the sink, looking like he was about to throw up. Dakota rubbed her lips together nervously, but a surprised gasp escaped her mouth as Harry transformed into Goyle right in front of her eyes.

Ron and Aliyah came out of their stalls, now looking like Crabbe and Pansy. "Harry?" the boy asked, staring at his best friend in disbelief.

"Ron. . ."

"This is so cool." Aliyah grinned.

"You guys still sound like yourselves," Dakota pointed out. "You need to sound more like Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy."

The three said a couple phrases in the best imitations they could do.

"Perfect. Where's Hermione?"

"I. . .I don't think I'm going!" Hermione called from the stall she was in. "You go on without me."

"Hermione, are you okay?" Harry asked, frowning softly.

"Just go! You're wasting time!"

Dakota eyed the stall door worriedly before sighing. "Come on. I'll show you where the Slytherin Common Room is. Oh, Harry, glasses." She motioned for him to take them off. He put them in his pocket, and they left the bathroom.

She led them down to the dungeons and gave the portrait of the old pureblood wizard the password. Draco was inside lounging on the couch.

"Crabbe, Goyle, where have you two been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?" He scowled at them before glancing towards Dakota. "Scram, you Mudblood filth."

Dakota gave him a sarcastic smile, flipping him off as she walked up the stairs to the girls' dormitories. She ducked down, hiding herself as she eavesdropped on the conversation below. Draco made a comment about how the Weasleys were an embarrassment to the wizarding world. Ron clenched his fist in anger, blaming it on a stomach ache when the blonde boy asked what was wrong with him.

Draco said that he supposed Dumbledore was trying to hush everything up since the Daily Prophet hadn't done any reports on the attacks. When he told them that his father said that Dumbledore was the worst thing that happened to Hogwarts, Harry nearly blew their cover again by snapping at him that he was wrong. When Draco demanded to know whom he thought was worse than Dumbledore, Aliyah nervously joked that it was Harry Potter, sending an apologetic look in his direction.

"Good one, Pansy." Draco snickered. "You're absolutely right. Saint Pottah. And people actually think that he's the Heir of Slytherin?"

Harry was caught off guard. Draco didn't suspect that it was him. "But, then you must have some idea who's behind it all," he said.

"You know I don't, Goyle. I told you yesterday." He crossed over to a desk, picked up a small green gift box with a silver ribbon, and sat down on the edge of the desk. "How many times do I have to tell you?" He shook the box. Something rattled inside. "Is this yours?"

Harry shook his head. Draco put the small box into his robe pocket. Just as Dakota was thinking that this was all a huge waste of time, he spoke again.

"But my father did say this. It's been 50 years since the Chamber was opened. He wouldn't tell me who opened it, only that they were expelled. The last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died, so it's only a matter of time before one of them is killed again. As for me. . ." Draco smirked, "I hope it's Dursley."

Harry launched himself off the couch. Ron and Aliyah grabbed him so that he wouldn't attack him. Dakota's hand formed a tight fist, her jaw clenching. If it weren't for the fact that she'd get detention – or worse, expelled – she would've cursed him right then and there.

"What's the matter with you three?" Draco frowned. "You're acting very. . .odd."

"Stomach aches," Aliyah lied. "Too much food at the feast."

Ron shook Harry's arm. "S-Scar," he whispered, pointing at his forehead.

Harry reached up and felt his forehead, his eyes widening when he saw Ron's ginger hair coming back. "Hair. . ." He glanced at Aliyah, whose skin was beginning to return to its usual dark complexion.

Covering their heads, the three friends ran out of the Slytherin Common Room, Dakota coming out from her perch on the stairs and following them. They hurried back to the girls bathroom on the second floor.

"That was close." Ron panted.

"Too close," Aliyah agreed.

"I'm killing that blonde bastard," Dakota growled.

"Hermione, come out," Harry said as he knocked on the stall door. "We've got loads to tell you."

"Go away!" Hermione shouted from the other side of the door.

Do you get déjà vu? Dakota thought to herself, thinking back to last year when she'd come to check on her after Ron made fun of her. She pushed the boys out of the way. "Mione, come on, you can't hide in there forever," she said. She jumped back from the stall when Myrtle came through it.

"Oh, wait till you see." Myrtle giggled. "It's awful."

"Hermione. . .?" Dakota slowly pushed open the stall door. Thankfully, Hermione didn't slam it shut. She was standing with her back facing them.

"You okay, girl?" Aliyah asked softly.

"Do you remember me telling you that the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations? It was cat's hair I plucked off of Millicent Bullstrode's robes." Hermione slowly turned around. Dakota elbowed Ron when he snickered at her new cat-like appearance. "Look at my face."

"Look at your tail." Ron grinned in amusement, earning him another jab in the ribs from Dakota.