28

💮 AUTHOR'S 💮

Ava was highly affected by what happened in the office. Though Neil apologized for his mistake, being on the receiving end of his anger was the worst experience of her life.

She was scared of him and scared of making even the slightest mistake. The job she once loved, now turned into a stress in just one day.

It's been two days since then, and she didn't call him anything except sir and she didn't even look at him while speaking. In his presence, she preferred to admire the floor.

Subconsciously, Neil was getting affected by her aloofness. He couldn't put a name to it but these new emotions were bothering him. He didn't know how to deal with them.

Ava hadn't told Ed anything about that incident. She pretended that everything was fine. Though Ed didn't confront her, he knew everything. Neil called him the same day to confess and apologize. Though Neil was prepared to get a punch from his best friend, on the contrary Ed just laughed and said he won't interfere in his company matters though he is proud of his sister.

Today was Friday and Ava was happy to get the much-needed break. Ed was coming to pick her up from work.
In the car.

"Hey Ava my Chava, how was your day princess? Excited for the weekend?." He asked.

"My day was fine just like usual but it was a long week so I could definitely use this weekend."

"Buckle up drama queen, let's go for ice cream." He said while starting the car.

After ice cream, they both got back to their home. Ava ran to her room to change into something comfortable.

Once they were done freshening up, they came to the kitchen.

"What would Her Highness fancy to have in dinner tonight?" Ed asked Ava in the fakest British accent and even bowed in the end like a royal butler.

Ava busted out laughing at his silly antics. This was the most beautiful music to Ed's ears- Ava's carefree laughter.

"Let's make Pizzas together," Ava suggested and fetched aprons for both of them. Then she connected her phone to the speaker and played loud music.

Their cooking was filled with laughter, giggles, teasing, fighting, dancing and lots of singing. After dinner, they have to deal with the dishes. So like the obedient sister our Ava is, she quietly sat on the counter and watched while Ed gracefully loaded the dishwasher.

 So like the obedient sister our Ava is, she quietly sat on the counter and watched while Ed gracefully loaded the dishwasher

After that, they cuddled on a sofa while watching a movie. Halfway through the movie, both of them were out like a light. Looking adorable clinging to each other.

As the siblings lay in peaceful slumber, blissfully unaware, someone elsewhere tossed and turned, tormented by the absence of sleep, robbed of tranquillity.

💮💮💮

"It's high time Bella, if we still didn't do something, it will be too late. Our properties will be confiscated and we won't even have a roof over our head forget about this lavish lifestyle." A man told his wife.

"Honey there must be a way out, don't lose hope so soon."

"Even if there is, it will not be easy. It will be painful and sacrificial."

"What do you mean, Nic?"

"We need investors love. Only they can save our sinking boat. No one is ready to invest in the dying business or this old businessman. If we had a son things would have been different."

"Tell me about the way Nic, that you were talking about."

"Brad is ready to help us but in return, He wants to marry our daughter."

"What nonsense Nicolas. He is a 50-year-old man and wasn't he married already to his fourth wife."

"They got divorced a month ago."

"Nic he had children of our daughter's age. This is ridiculous." She shouted.

"But that's the only way I have."

"What about your son, King can fund you, he is a billionaire for God's sake."

"I tried talking to him, manipulating him even begging him but the cold-heartened sucker didn't even blinked at me."

"We can drag him in the media. 'Billionaire son can't help his father in need' will be killer breaking news."

"Don't you remember the fate of the reporters who bad-mouthed him? They are rotting in the prison. And I promise you, if we pulled that stunt, King won't spare us."

"But I can't sell my girl off. She is dreaming of getting married to Neil Atkins. Maybe you can get such a deal from them."

"Huh, Atkins are way out of my league. I can't even arrange a meeting with them let alone a marriage proposal. And they are King's rivals while I am King's father. So no fucking chance."

"Celine will throw a fit but let's talk with her tomorrow."

The next day in Knights's living room, Nicolas and Isabella (father and stepmother of Ed and Ava) told the entire situation to their daughter Celine.

"I am so not getting married to some 50-year-old manwhore. My Neil would be disappointed if he heard you." Celine exclaimed.

"Your Neil?"

"He is mine and I'll only marry him."

"Have you even ever met him? Be realistic Celi, he is way out of your league or anyone's in this country. There are rumours that he is dating some princess."

"Have some confidence in my beauty and charm, Daddy. And by the way, I am not even your daughter to dance to your tunes. Didn't your estranged daughter return, marry her off to this Bradd thing, I don't care. I think they would be a perfect match." She shouted.

"Nic I think Celi has a point. We can't do anything to King but Avaline is also your daughter. She should save her father's business."

" She will never agree. Didn't you see how ungrateful and arrogant both the siblings are? They don't even consider me as their father. Moreover, Ed is Ava's shield. We can't even breathe in her direction."

"We can kill two birds with a stone. I have a plan...

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

Evil people, evil plan.
Are you guys excited for what's coming next?

QOTD:
I am running out of questions. Let's do this the other way around for this chapter.

Ask anything you want to the characters or the author of this book.