Chapter 1: The secret

Hi, you're probably wondering how this all started. Let's rewind. It all happened on the first day of middle school.

"Hey Dad, good morning," I say.

"Morning," my dad replies, his voice sounding off.

"What's wrong, Dad? You seem off today. Also, where is Max?" I ask.

"Miella, I don't know how to say this, but Max died this morning. I'm so sorry," my dad says, his voice filled with hopelessness."

"No, now this can't be. Please tell me you're joking, please," I cry.

"I'm sorry, honey," he says. Max was like my best friend. He was always there for me and was so sweet. I just can't believe he's gone. The rest of the day at school was HORRIBLE. My best friend, Charlotte, who has always been there for me, through thick and thin, says,

"Hey, what's up? You seem kinda off today."

"Oh, it's nothing, just nervous," I say.

"Oh, okay. Hopefully, we have most of the same classes together!" Charlotte says excitedly.

"Detention, now!" the teacher yells at me.
There are several issues in the provided text. Here's a corrected version:

"Yeah, hopefully," I say in a not-so-enthusiastic voice. I walk to my first class until I see my nemesis, Gwen, with her other stupid minions Heather, Amy, and Trinity.

"Oh hey, loser," she laughs.

"I thought you were moving schools?" I say.

"You seriously believed me? Scoffs You are a loser." I scoff and walk away.

"Hey Miella, what's the answer to number 3?" Charlotte whispers.

"I can't tell you, this is a test," I say in an irritated voice.

"Seriously, what is wrong?" Charlotte asks, concerned.

"Oh my gosh, can you just stop? Nothing is wrong. Stop trying to get in my business!" The whole class was concerned as everyone heard what I said."What?! But Charlotte kept on talking to me!" I say. I regretted that bad.

"What?! I can't believe you, Miella," Charlotte says in an angry voice.

"I didn't do anything!" I yell.

"No sorry? Wow, you're a great friend," Charlotte says sarcastically.

"Both of you, detention! Go!" The teacher yells. I got out of my seat and walked to the principal's office. We got detention for about 30 minutes until I got a call from my group chat with my 2 favourite cousins, Isabella and Lamitta. I quickly declined because you're not allowed to have your phone in detention. I opened the door and took a seat, but Charlotte just stood.

"What did you guys do this time?" the principal says in an annoyed voice.

"I yelled in the middle of a test," I said.

"And Charlotte? What about you?" the principal says.

"I was talking during a test," Charlotte says quietly.

"That's it? You guys can go back to class in 20 minutes," the principal says. Bell rings

"Ugg, finally I can get out of this place," I say.

"For real!" Navy says. The Navy is one of my many other friends. I pull out my phone and quickly text the group chat back.

Miella: "Hey"

Lamitta: "Hey."

Isabella: "Bro, why didn't you answer the call?"

Miella: "Oh yeah, sorry about that, I got detention."

Lamitta: "Girl, what did you do?"

Isabella: "For real, like bro, why do you always get in trouble?"

Miella: "It's nothing bad, don't worry. We will talk about it when we meet up after school, okay?"

Lamitta: "Bet."

Isabella: "Ok see you then"

Lamitta: "Yea, see you!"

Isabella: "Okay. I still have to do my homework, so we'll talk tomorrow."

Miella: "Okay, bye, love you."

Isabella: "Bye, love you too."

It was almost the end of the day. I was so tired I couldn't feel my legs. I went home to do my homework and texted Isabella again.

Miella: "Hey, are we still hanging out tomorrow?"

Isabella: "Yeah, are we still inviting Lamitta?"

Miella: "Yeah, sure, if you want. I think we should."

Isabella: "OK great. I'll text her. Bye, I got to go."

Miella: "OK, bye."

I was so relieved until suddenly I got a notification on my phone. It was Twitter. Cool, my best friend tweeted something. WRONG! My biggest secret was just leaked to the whole world. But why? Why would my best friend do something so horrible? I haven't done anything that bad, have I? Or maybe I have.

 "Just heard Miella vandalized the school last night! Can't believe she'd do something like that. Rumor has it, that secrets are about to spill, and tensions are rising. Drama's about to unfold!" The tweet said,

What?! I tried to erase everything from my mind as I walked home.

"Hey Dad, you okay?" I say quietly.

"Yes, I'm okay. Just got to stop thinking about it. I'm going to take a nap, okay?" my dad says.

"Okay, love you, sleep well," I say.

I go to my room and overthink, again. I want to get beyond this and find new friends, but I don't know. This feeling inside is telling me not to. But why would my mind say that after what she did? I call Isabella to keep my mind off things.

"Hey Isabella, can we talk for a bit? I want to get things off my mind," I say.

"Yeah, sure," Isabella says.

"What do you want to talk about, huh?" My brother barges into my room. Cristiano is my older brother by 2 years. We call him Nano because when I was little, I couldn't say his full name, so I said Nano. He was always there for me and always will be, but he can get a little rough sometimes.

"I don't know. Get out of my room," I say.

"No, I'm chilling," he says.

"Ugh, just get out of my room!" I yell.

"Nah, I'm good," he says peacefully.

"OMG, just let me talk to Isabella," I say.

"Okay, fine, gosh," he says.

"Miella, I've got to go, Lamitta is calling me," Isabella says.

"Can't you just add her to the call?" I ask.

"No, sorry, bye," Isabella says.

"Oh, okay, bye," I say in a disappointed voice.

I was confused as to why she couldn't add Lamitta to the call. But I get it, sometimes I'm a little annoying to talk to.