Chapter 52

Taehyung had returned home early today, not being able to concentrate on anything that had been taught

Taehyung had returned home early today, not being able to concentrate on anything that had been taught. He just wanted his answers, he wanted to know what was going on and so, here he was, sitting on his couch, calling the system as if he was calling some god.

" It's funny how you only call me when it's convenient to you," Her voice finally echoed, humor lacing her tone but Taehyung was least interested to joke right now.

" And why do you think I'll not, when you disappear on me and re-appear at your convenience as well?" Taehyung questioned back only to hear a chuckle.

" I don't remember you realising that I really did disappear. Oh yeah ofcourse, you were busy romancing with the mafia boss that you forgot that he was a fictional character and just a mission to you, and fucked everything up for me," She barked back and it hurt Taehyung when he realised Jungkook really was just a fictional character.

" You know what is wrong, don't you? You know the reason behind the sudden naming of Jungkook's brother. I had never mentioned someone named Junho in my book. I had only mentioned Jungkook being the oldest and having a younger brother and sister. Nothing beyond that. And then Jimin, who remembered Junsoo. There's a connection, isn't there?"

" You're right. There is a connection," Her words were slow that every second was terrifying for Taehyung," The world has gained complete consciousness, author,"

" Complete... consciousness?" Taehyung repeated, his voice coming out in a whisper as he tried to comprehend what was just told to him.

Taehyung's mind raced with questions and disbelief. How could this be possible? What happened for them to gain consciousness?He struggled to make sense of it all.

" It's because of the changes you made," the system continued," You reshaped their world, their relationships, their identities. And that's why, they gained consciousness,"

Taehyung's heart pounded as he tried to absorb her words. This world has gained... complete consciousness?

He tried to remember everything he did, his every action, and he does accept that recently he had forgotten about being in a fictional world, but everything did go according to what his mission was.

He tries to remember the day when he and Jungkook became a couple. The memories flood easily and they affirm that he wasn't the one to confess first.

So now he thinks again, what actions caused Jin to became the antagonist, Jungkook's brother to suddenly get a name and Jimin to remember Junsoo?

There was something missing. Something that the system wasn't telling him about— wait... system.

Taehyung's heart pounded as he realised loopholes in the system's words.

The system said the world gained consciousness. Complete consciousness. But if so, then every character should be free to act on their own accord.