Chapter 53

Jungkook sat at the head of the table in the sleek boardroom, excuding authority as the meeting progressed, the men on the table discussing a few points on the company's latest venture

He read the points on the blue screen before him, while he listened to the meeting when Namjoon leaned in and whispered urgently in his ears.

Jungkook's brow furrowed as he listened, his eyes widening and then sparkling at each words. When the other finished, he straightened up, clearing his throat as he authoratively addressed the room.

" I apologize for the interruption, but I have an urgent matter to attend," he announced, his voice smooth yet commanding." I must leave immediately."

One of the men at the table raises an eyebrow," How can you just leave for a mere arrangement?"

Jungkook's eyes narrowed slightly," Are you calling my wife's date a mere arrangement?"

The men at the table just could not believe the man's outrageous words." This is highly unprofessional. You cannot leave this discussion for a date with your wife, Mr. Jeon,"

Jungkook's jaw tightened," Yoongi would handle the rest of the meeting. And I assure you Mr. Choi, I need not to be taught about professionalism,"

But before anyone could respond, another executive, Mr. Park, chimed in, his tone dripping with disdain." I believe our company's reputation and profit take precedence over a simple date. If you are unable to prioritize our business, perhaps you should consider stepping aside and letting someone else take the lead. Someone who is willing to put the company's needs first."

Jungkook knew all of them had always wanted him to step down. Jungkook, who had taken over the family company at such a young age hurt in their eyes, and they had been finding reasons to make him step down.

Now, Jungkook knows leaving this meeting to go on a date with his wife would cause an uproar, but him being him, he knows he'll always prioritise Taehyung more than a damn meeting.

Why? Because he can.

" Guess he cannot go one hour without your attention," He said with a scoff," Such a headache,"

Those words had Jungkook clench his hands, his knuckles turning white." I suggest you watch your words," he said icily. " Or things might escalate further."

Mr. Choi, however, seemed unfazed," I don't see why you should bend to your wife's whims like that. You need to tell him to keep his requests at bay and know you aren't free-"

Before he could speak any further, a click could be heard, a chilling atmosphere being created in the room.

A gun was placed on each of the executives head while Jungkook looked at the man, his eyes having a dangerous glint.

" What were you saying again, Mr. Choi?" Jungkook's voice was low but chilling.

Mr. Choi's face went white as they all stared at the gun aimed at their heads, paralyzed with fear. The silence in the room was deafening, Jungkook's voice being the one to cut it.