Axed heart

Sarah's husband, John, was a kind and elderly man who had devoted his life to her. But Sarah's heart belonged to another—a younger, handsome man named David. Their illicit affair had been a secret for months, but Sarah knew it could not last forever.

One fateful evening, as the sun began its descent, casting long shadows over the village, Sarah lured John into the secluded woods. With trembling hands, she raised a heavy axe and brought it down upon his unsuspecting head. The impact reverberated through the silence, leaving John crumpled and lifeless on the forest floor.

With cold indifference, Sarah dragged John's body to a shallow grave and buried him beneath a thick layer of dirt. She then returned to the village, her face a mask of composure. As darkness enveloped Chikuni, Sarah slipped out of her house and met David at their secret rendezvous.

Overjoyed at the news of John's demise, David showered Sarah with kisses and promises of a future together. They reveled in their newfound freedom, unaware of the horror that awaited them.

Days turned into weeks as Sarah and David lived in bliss. They sold John's belongings and squandered the money on lavish parties and extravagant gifts. But their happiness was short-lived. Rumors of John's disappearance began to circulate throughout the village, and suspicion soon fell upon Sarah.

The authorities were called in, and Sarah's web of lies began to unravel. She confessed to her crime, revealing the sordid details of her affair and her heartless murder. The villagers were stunned by her treachery, and a wave of revulsion swept through the community.

David, once Sarah's lover, now stood as her accuser. He testified against her, describing how she had manipulated and deceived him. The court found Sarah guilty of murder and sentenced her to life in prison.

As the prison gates closed behind her, Sarah's eyes held a mixture of regret and defiance. She had traded her freedom and her life for a brief and forbidden love. The once-tranquil village of Chikuni was forever scarred by the tragedy that had unfolded within its borders.

Years passed, and the memory of Sarah's crime haunted the villagers. The forest where John had been murdered became a place of fear and legend. People whispered that his ghost still roamed the trees, seeking vengeance for his untimely demise.

And so, the tale of Sarah, the woman who killed her elderly husband for love, became a cautionary tale passed down through generations. It was a reminder that even in the most serene of settings, the darkness of human nature could lurk beneath the surface.