𝟔

It's been a week since I met Ximena and I don't know where Zach has been lately

I think he's avoiding me now that I'm angry with him. I feel him slip into bed and wrap his arms around me every night, thinking I don't notice, and then leave before I wake in the morning.

I finally open my eyes with these thoughts. I turn around and there he is, putting on his sneakers.

"Ha! I got you!" I point a finger at him—well his back. "I woke up before you!"

I hear a light laugh escape him. "No you didn't, love."

Love, I repeat in my head.

"Well, no," I admit. "But you didn't leave me before I could wake up!"

"I haven't been leaving you, baby. Don't word it like that."

...Okay. "Well, that's what it feels like."

He grunts disapprovingly. "I just have a lot going on."

My eyes narrow. "So when do you plan on filling me in on your life? Seems I don't know anything."

"Can't do that," he mutters while grabbing his coat off the hook on the back of the door.

"Do what?" I cross my arms, feeling a sense of hurt wrack through my chest. "Tell me the truth?"

"It's not like that," he grumbles.

"It feels like that," I say, slipping out of bed.

He runs his tense hand through his hair, stressfully. "You want the truth?"

"YES!" I scream.

"I've been trying my hardest to stay away from you because I find it disturbing if I were to walk up to you and ask to fuck you knowing you were angry with me. Next time you decide you want to stop wearing pants to bed, don't hate me."

Zach's eyes quickly go from whiskey colored to the color of a dark, expensive wood. Wenge. He looks up from my toes, and stops at my thighs. My free thighs with nothing covering them.

No. My heart hurts. "Tell me the truth."

"I know that's not the whole truth you're looking for. I'll tell you soon, okay? Just... let things die down on my part."

I raise a brow. Does that mean I have a part too? He nods. Like he's read my mind and is confirming.

My lips part to ask questions, but he interrupts me. "Can you make dinner tonight? I'd like to eat with you before I fuck you."

Then he leaves.

It's official, my husband is freaking insane. He did say he's been avoiding having sex with me. And he did say it was part of the truth.

I'm not being completely lied to. He's not trying to cover himself up or anything, he's just not telling me what I want to know. I think I can live with that for a little. He did say I have a part in all that's going on with him.

I go to grab a pair of pants, but my phone starts ringing.

I lift it and don't look at the caller ID. "Hello?" I say, walking towards my closet.

"Nora. Baby. How are you, sister-in-law?"

My blood runs cold.

"Who..." I touch my forehead, going a little lightheaded. It can't be.

I hear her smile. "Zach only has one sister, love."

"What's going on? You hate me."

I head a sigh and then a smack of gum. "Can we meet up in about two weeks? I'll explain. I need these two weeks to get myself together, though."

"Uh," I whisper. "Does Zach know? That you're calling? That you're okay? That you're alive? That you don't hate us?" I spew questions out like hot freaking lava.

"Relax. We'll meet in two weeks. Zach's club. Okay?"

"Uh-huh," I hum, lost and dumbfounded.

"See ya. And don't tell Zach I'm back yet. I need to tell the less murderous people first."

I nod as if she can hear me and swallow a rock. "Okay."

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

[ A/N ] : I hope the plot twist does well with you guys.. (Word Count: 670)