*ೃ༄ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 ♡

Maria knocked on the door of the Alvarez apartment, smiling when a grinning Lydia let her in. "How was the game? I heard we won." She smiled. For the first time since he got home, Alex wasn't upset.

"From who?" Alex asked.

"I heard your family down the hallway singing." She nodded. 

"It was amazing. Papito got a wonderful hit!" Lydia smiled. 

"Big baseball star now, huh? You gonna forget all about me?" She asked, approaching him.

"You? Never." Alex shook his head. 

"These are for you." She nodded, handing him a little bouquet of daisy's.

"You bought these?" Alex asked. 

"No, don't be silly, flowers are egregiously over priced. I picked them." She rolled her eyes, taking a seat next to him on the couch.

"We were just singing about our darling Papito." Lydia drawled. 

"Papito is the best, from the east and to the west... he's a baseball slugger and a real good hugger!" Penelope sang. 

"Oh! That is is cute!" Lydia smiled, leaning over to Maria. "And so true."

"I just made it up!" Penelope laughed. 

"I love it!" Lydia exclaimed, Penelope continued singing. 

"Oh my god! Shut up!" Alex cried, interrupting the singing.

Lydia slowly walked towards him. "Did you just say shut up- to god?" She asked. 

"Did you just say shut up to me? Because that's worse." Penelope nodded. 

"It's just that everything you guys are doing is so embarrassing." Alex defended, standing up.

"That's not going to help your case." Maria noted. 

"Well, I don't like all that crazy yelling you guys do at my games!" He continued. "And that song, I hate that stupid song-"

"First of all, don't talk to me like that." Penelope raised her voice, Maria flinched, Penelope's face softened. "Second!... you hate that song?"

"Ok, that is crazy. That is a beautiful song." Lydia nodded. 

"Thank you, mami." Penelope nodded. 

"Alex, you gotta appreciate how these guys support you." Schneider insisted. "My dad never came to my games. All he ever did was put me through rehab six times and buy me this building."

"Look, all I know is none of the other parents act like you." Alex continued.

"It's all because were so proud of you, papito-" Penelope explained, moving her hand towards her sons face. 

He smacked it away. "Stop calling me papito! I'm not a little kid anymore. My name is Alex, no more papito." He insisted.

Penelope paused, looking back at her mother.

"Yeah no, we're gonna keep calling you papito." Penelope smiled, overlapping with Lydia and Maria.

"I will always call you papito." Lydia said.

"But it's so cute!" Maria insisted.

"No, papito is not an age thing." Penelope insisted as Alex crossed the room to put his bag down. "We call Conrad macho because, when he was four, he sang macho man once."

"We call Fracisco pepe popo, figure that out." She shrugged. "I'm called tata, lupita, yoyi."

"And my nickname is pucha, it is the way of our people!" Lydia nodded.