*ೃ༄ 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐃 ♡

Maria could sense the tension on Penelope's shoulders as she walked into the Alvarez apartment.

"Maria! Welcome, favorite child." Penelope drawled. "I'm not going to question why you're here so early in the morning I'm just gonna smile, and nod."

"Heeeey." Maria laughed awkwardly.

"Maybe Maria knows how to take the trash not just out of the trash can, but out of the apartment." She smiled, shoving Maria into the kitchen towards Alex.

Maria put her hands on her hips. "Take out the trash." She smiled.

"I did!" He gestured to the trash bag next to the bin.

"Out of the apartment." She nodded.

"Maybe you can show me, for next time." He smiled.

"Nice try." She nodded, turning away from him and out of the kitchen.

"Elena! Come on! You guys are moving slower than Phosphorous on Biomass." Penelope called.

"Mami, did you make the appointment to get my braces off? You said you'd do it two weeks ago." Alex questioned.

"Just eat a lot of taffy, they'll come off on their own." Penelope shrugged.

"Mom, please." Alex pleaded.

"Alright, let me add it to the to-do list." She sighed, rolling up her sleeve to write on her arm.

"You know, I did like the womens march, plus I looked very nice in that pink pussycat hat." Lydia smiled.

"That's right! And we really showed men that they can no long strut around with zero self awareness, and shove their masculinity in our faces!" Elena grinned.

"You go girl! Dude's have to stop acting like the world revolves around them." Maria said, delivering a high five to the older girl.

As if on cue, Schneider entered in the worst outfit Maria guessed he has ever worn. She cringed, averting her eyes.

"Schneider would you please knock..." Penelope groaned, before turning to see what he was wearing, eyes wide. "My eyes out, what the hell are you wearing?"

"This? Yeah, it's my new work uniform." He shrugged.

"You're hired." Lydia giggled.

"Oh, Lydia, I was actually inspired by you teaching dance, I decided to become an educator myself. I started teaching spinning." Schneider grinned.

"Somehow I don't find this educational." Maria remarked.

"Spinning is stationary. Why are you wearing a helmet?" Alex asked.

"Sometimes I fall off." He admitted, a little ashamed. "Anyways, can you post these flyers on campus?" He turned to Penelope, handing her a stack of papers.

"Oh are you too busy?" Penelope frowned.

"I barely have time before I go on my sunset hike." Schneider reasoned.

"Oh my, who knows the repercussions if you miss your sunset hike!" Maria fiegned worry.

"Murder... Schneider." Penelope wrote on her arm. "Come on, let's go."

"Wait, I don't have my lunch." Alex said.

"Oh me neither." Elena agreed.

They all looked at Maria. "I just eat school lunch." She shrugged.

"Ay, lo siento, Papito, Erudita, I forgot. " Lydia smiled.

Maria shook her head. "I'm fine, really-"