Chapter 18 - Montage Scene

Hero

Around us there is only blue.
Blue everywhere.
The light is soft and it seems unreal to be able to literally walk under the water.
Yet, the tanks in which so many fish are housed are truly above our heads and seem to be endless!
I have been to this type of place several times, but nothing has ever struck me so much.
It must be said that I had never been with Jo the last few times.
Ever since we entered the Georgia Aquarium, Jo has been speechless and wide-eyed every time a fish or even a shark passes in front of us.
She makes me smile and I love her enthusiasm for everything!
"Look at that over there! It's huge!" She points to the shark approaching.
"It's a whale shark! Did you know they can live for a hundred years? Incredible!" She lightly touches the glass of the tub with one hand as she walks in ecstasy.
I follow her, admiring her rather than the fish she describes.
I can't understand how she can be so amazing. I really mean it!

With this soft light, she seems even more beautiful to me

I don't think it will be difficult to pretend to be in love! This was the only instruction they gave us, just before entering: behave as if you were engaged.
Pfff... The simplest thing in the world, since it apparently comes naturally to us.
I can't physically stay away from her, I feel attracted to her like I'm under some kind of love spell.

But do you hear what I'm saying?
Am I seriously going crazy? Is it serious?!?

I can't even confide in Felix because I already know what he would say and how much he would tease me. I've never been interested in making a serious commitment to a girl. This time I feel it's different. She is different. Probably at this point, I am too. I do not know. I don't know anything anymore.

I sigh as Jo turns around with a huge smile on her face.
"Hero come! Look at this!" The pool continues transforming into a sort of tunnel above our heads. I move closer to her, putting my arm behind her back, with my hand on her shoulder. I like holding her to me like this.
"That fish looks like you!" She jokes by pointing to a colorful fish that passes by us.

"Ah, look at that!" She points to a puffer fish "It's you when you grumble because something doesn't feel right

"Ah, look at that!" She points to a puffer fish "It's you when you grumble because something doesn't feel right. You get like this, swollen and full of thorns!" She chuckles.
I look at her shocked before bursting out laughing!
"Do you know that that fish eats up to ten times a day and then poops near the other fish, out of spite?" I'm serious. "And the bubbles you see the fish making, it's not just air. They're stinks!" I shamelessly make it all up.
She turns to me with wide eyes before bursting out laughing.
Her laughter resonates throughout the room and it's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard in my entire life.
It turns out that I'm the really sappy and romantic one, you'll see, uh!
"Yeah, of course! Everyone knows," she chuckles, playing along. "Look, that just made a stink!" She points to the tub next to us and we both pretend to be surprised. I lean towards her, looking at the spot she points to. Air bubbles rise to the surface, right at that moment! We both burst out laughing.