Chapter 2 : The Ride Home

Here is chapter 2 guys I hope you enjoy the chapter......

Michael's POV

I kept a close eye on her during the drive, noticing that Ivanna is still feeling down. I decided to try and lighten up the mood. 

"You know, it's been a long time since I had someone by my side..." I spoked. "Especially someone as beautiful as you." 

I can tell that she is still quiet during the ordeal until I came up with one question on my mind. I smiled at her, hoping that I would get her reaction.

"May I ask you something?" I asked her. She looks at me. "How old are you if I might ask, you look so young."

"I'm 23." Ivanna said quietly. 

I paused for a moment, gathering my thoughts. 'she's so young, young.' I thought.

"Only 23?" I spoke. "You look so much younger than I thought!" 

"How old do you think I am?" She asked.

I think for a moment, before answering.

"I would have guessed in your early 20s. Like, you look 18. You look so innocent." 

"I get that a lot..May I ask how old you are?" 

I laughed, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Well...I'm quite 7 years older than you, but please don't think of me as some creepy old man."

"I just want to know how old you are, out of curiosity."

I looked at her as I hesitate for a moment, before deciding to be honest with her.

"I'm 30."

Ivanna looked at me with disbelief. "Oh! I mean no offense; you look like you're at least my age!"

I chuckled at her compliment. "Why thank you, I've always been told I look younger than my age. It's probably because of the way I dressed and carry myself." 

I smiled as I felt relieved that she's not judging me based on my age. 

"I have to admit...it feels good being with someone who doesn't care about those things. Most people would be running for the hills if they knew how old I am."

"Had any women tried that before?" She quietly asked.

"Well," I spoked "Yes, many women left me once they found out how old I was. It's like the older a man looks, the less attractive he becomes to most people."

"Oh.." 

I noticed that she seemed to be thinking about something. "Is everything alright? You look like there's something on your mind." 

I noticed that she has been silent. I placed a hand under her chin. "Hey...talk to me. What's going on?" 

Ivanna spoked up.

"I still don't know about this marriage... I mean I don't have a choice but.."

I can sense that she is still hesitant about this arrangement, and I try to reassure her. 

"Look, I know it's not ideal, but just give me a chance...let me show you that being married to me isn't going to be as bad as you think." I said as I held her hand.

"O-Okay.. I trust you.." she said.

I smiled as I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Thank you...I promise that I will do everything in my power to make this marriage work."  

Ivanna's POV

We've arrived at his mansion. Michael had led me inside, closing the door behind us. The interior of his mansion is luxurious and opulent, with marble floors and crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

"Welcome to your new home." he said.

I looked around not sure what to think of it. Michael takes me to a bedroom and showed me around. The room is spacious, with a king-sized bed, elegant furniture, and a large window overlooking the garden outside.

"This is your room." He spoke. "Feel free to make yourself at home."

I just looked at the room as I walked in without saying a word. He noticed that I was still quiet and decide to break the ice. 

"Can I ask you something?" Michael asked. 

I remained silent as he sat down on the bed next to me. "Why are you so quiet? Are you nervous or something?"

I tried not to give him any eye contact. He sighed realizing that I wasn't going to talk to him. He decided to change the subject.

"Look, I know this is a strange situation we've found ourselves in but let me tell you something." Michael stated, as he looked into my eyes trying to make me understand how I feel.

"When I bought you, it wasn't just because of your beauty and youth. It was also because of the way you carried yourself...so dignified and elegant. And now that we're together, in this room alone....well, let's just say there are a few things about me that I want to show you."

I noticed as he moved closer to me, taking my hands in his as he leans in. "Do you want me to show them?" he said in a soft seductive voice.

I got uncomfortable as I slowly removed my hands from his as I slowly backed away.

He noticed my discomfort as he stopped moving closer. Instead, he let out a small sigh. 

"It's okay..take all the time you need to get used to this. But know that no matter what happens between us, I won't force myself on you in any way. You have my word as your soon to be husband and as a gentleman." 

I mean at least he knows how to control himself. 

He gets up and walked towards the door. 

"I'll leave you alone for now..Just know that my room is right next to yours, so if you need anything, don't hesitate to come find me." 

He leaves the room closing the door behind him as he went to his room. 

I lay my head on my pillow as I was thinking to myself of what in the world have I've gotten myself into.

That is chapter 2 guys I will be posting the next chapter soon.

bye y'all.