Chapter 3: I want no part of this

Here is chapter 3 guys I hope you enjoy it

Michael's POV

I lie back on my bed and stare up at the ceiling. I can't help but wonder what she thinks of me...am I just another rich arrogant man to her? Or is there something more beneath the surface that has caught her interest? Only time will tell.

A few hours have passed, and I couldn't stand the silence any longer. I get up and walked out of my room, as I walked over to her room, knocking on her door.

"Hey.. can we talk for a moment." I asked. I waited for a few seconds; Ivanna didn't respond. "Please open the door." I tried to open the door, but the door is locked. I started banging on it harder. "Open up!" I guess it scared her as she unlocked the door. 

I stepped inside and closed the door behind me. I walked over to her looking at her intently. 

"Look, I know this is all very strange for the both of us, but there is something about you that makes me want to get to know you better. So can we just talk?" 

I tried to reach for her hand, but she backed away. I noticed that she is still uncomfortable around me, so I tried to put her at ease.

"Listen, I'm not going to force anything on you. We can sit here and talk if that's what makes you comfortable. And then maybe later we could have dinner together." 

I sat down on the edge of her bed, waiting for her to say something.

"Or we could just stay like this....I don't mind. But please tell me what you're thinking about?"

Ivanna looked at me as she spoked quietly. "I-I want to go home."

I looked at her as I sighed. "I know this is a lot to take in, but you can't leave. The deal has been sealed, and we're legally getting married tomorrow."

"I don't understand...just why!?" Ivanna spoked. "Out of all of the women you could've picked, why me?" 

I hesitate for a moment not sure if I should tell her the truth. But then I decided to be honest.

"Because, when I saw you from the moment I've got you, something inside me clicked. You're beautiful, and strong-willed, but there was also this vulnerability about you that made me want to protect you. And in the world full of people who are after my money and power, it felt refreshing to find someone like you who just wanted me for myself."

"But why though?" She asked. "I have a life ahead of me. Well, HAD. until my so-called parents sold me to you. I could've had a normal life! But instead, I've been stuck in this arrange marriage just for my parents' selfish needs!"

I felt a twinge of guilt at her words.

"Look, I know it seems unfair, and maybe we've met under different circumstances, things would be different. But the truth is, my family has always been involved in an organized crime. This was just another business transaction for them."

"And which I do NOT want to be part of it!"

"I know. And I'm sorry that you were dragged into this mess without having a say in the matter. But at least let me try to make it up to you? You don't have to be part of my criminal activities like murder, stealing, none of that if you don't want to. We can just live our lives together like any normal married couple would."

 She looked at me with silence turning her head away. I waited for her to say something else, but she just continues to stare back at me with a blank expression.

"I know this is happening so fast, but please don't shut me out. Give us a chance to get to know each other better. Maybe we could fall in love."

she looked at me with disbelief. "Why the hell would I fall in love with a mobster!?" she spoked. "I know a dangerous mobster when I see one! I may not know you well but hear this I don't want to be part of this! Hell, I don't even know what your intentions will be!"

I take a deep breath trying to stay calm. 

"Look, I'm not going to lie." I said to her. "There are certain aspects of my life that might be dangerous and illegal. But I promise you, as long as we stick together, and keep our heads down, everything will be fine. We can live in peace and have a happy life together." 

I noticed Ivanna backing away from me as I got up towards her, blocking her way.

"Listen to me. I'm not going to hurt you or force myself on you. But, we are engaged now, and there is nothing that can change the fact. So why don't we just try to make the best of it." 

I can see she is afraid. "I don't want part of this! Please let me go!"

I grabbed her arms to pull her closer to me, my grip tightening slightly.

"You're not going anywhere. We belong together now..for better or for worse. And as long as you stay with me, I promise that nothing will happen to you."

"Please let me go!" 

I shook my head and refuse to let go. "I can't. You don't understand how much trouble you would be in if you left now. So just calm down, okay? Let me take care of everything."

"Why? why? why!? Why me God!?" she cried.

I pulled her into a tight embrace stroking her curls. "Shhh..Everything will be alright. I know this is all overwhelming right now, but I'm going to take care of you, and protect you from any harm that might come our way. You can trust me on that."

She pushes me away. "Just leave me alone!" she said.

I sighed as I let go of her. I looked away feeling hurt by her rejection. "Fine..if that's what you want. But don't say I didn't try to be nice to you." I walked away feeling frustrated, hurt, and defeated. I turned to the corner; however, I stopped and look back at her. "Just know, that if you ever need anything..even just someone to talk to...my door is always open for you."

I stand there for a moment waiting to see if she could say anything else. But when I realized that she's not going to respond to me, I shook my head and continued walking away.

That is chapter 3 guys I hope you like it and I will post another chapter soon.

bye guys