Chapter 8

Illaria Point of View

Kill me!

Just kill me!

I can even jump in a spatula of water!

Or hit my head against a pudding.

Or crash into a skateboard.

Everything is less embarrassing than this.

"Why are we doing this again?" I gritted, looking between the glittering crackpot and his moldy pizza faced assistant.

"The file is not just important to us but also to you, Miss Allard. It's the code that boss prepared for the initial face of development. If that code is gone then consider –" Buzz paused and waved his hands in a gesture that 'it's finished'.

Giving me guilty gazes and Asmund, awkward ones, Buzz continued to shake his measuring tape to explore the chest area of glittering crackpot to measure the length of the hair there.

While Asmund was given the responsibility of the head, I sadly and very uncomfortably had to join the measuring team and was given the responsibility of somewhere I'm not interested in.

The legs!

I don't want to be a part of it but buzz pulled me into it saying that the file is too important and should be retrieved as soon as possible before it's too late.

I first wanted to measure the hair on crackpot's head but he is too tall for me to reach out so gruntingly, I had to sit on the floor, with a measuring tap around my neck like a dressmaking lady, I picked one stand of the hair after the other, measured them and recorded them on a piece of paper.

My face is now so red, so red from embarrassment that I can tell that, even aliens outside the milky way can see the color from their planet.

Illaria Gaia Allard, the chairwoman of the Allard group, one of the largest business empires in the world, one of the top hundred influential people in the world – look where have I come to!

"Stop moving, you –" I almost cursed out loud. If not for the thread of patience that is holding me, I would have used dirtiest words I know to curse this man.

"Alarming – Alarming, if a man doesn't tap his feat for music, then what kind of a man he is?" Music!

That lame and weird music again!

That human disco ball tapped his foot without any consideration for anyone and just enjoyed himself standing there while a lot of people are expending their time, effort and emotions on doing a dirty job for him.

"What a compelling statement! A man who cannot catch the rhythm to the music, I wonder what kind of a man he is."

I pray and curse him to have a bald body from this moment forever.

I curse him to not grow any hair on his body ever again!

I curse him to like better music that cannot be foot-tapped!

"26 inches, 26 inches, 28 inches – Where was I?" Ah, which strand of hair did I just measure?

Wait, is it this one or this one?

Scratching my head, I looked at the gorilla legs in daze for a second before resuming to do the measurement again from the beginning.

This time, I pulled out a handful of clips and bands from my handbag to separate the measured bunch of hair and unmeasured bunch of hair to make it easier.

Never though I could use nice looking clips and bands in this way on this type of hair.

It took me ten minutes to measure 20 strands of hair. Once that small bunch is done, I twisted them into a tight plait and put on a clip on it.