chapter five

hii, i'm sorry it took longer than a week, but I had some exams. Hope you enjoy <3

The ride took longer than usual. Our college was in a town that wasn't that big, it was possible to go anywhere in 20 minutes with car, but this time it took 40 minutes. The ride was peaceful, the sun setting in a blaze of colors, the sky adorned in its dark blue attire. The warmth of the weather caressed my face through the window, the gentle wind playing with my hair as we listened to soft melodies without talking.

He finally stopped the car in a forest-like place. A place I had never been before. As we got out of the car, he motioned me to follow him with his hand. I did as he wished, followed him, walking between green trees, breathing in the air filled with oxygen, moisted grass underneath our feet. We could hear the birds singing, as well as our foot-steps. We stopped walking when we arrived to a lake. He sat down on a big rock, there was place for me to sit down too but I wanted to observe this beautiful scenery more, so I kept standing up. He didn't say anything, as he knew how beautiful this place was to look at. I looked at the newly set stars and the moon that was reflecting a little bit of light to this peaceful night.

"This place is beautiful." I said, still looking at stars. It was obvious that I was very impressed with all I'd seen.

"I know." He said simply.

"I've never been here before, where are we?"

"We are out of Stohess."

I didn't say anything, went up to him and sat next to him on that big rock. It was obvious that he had came here multiple times. But why did he brought me up here? It seemed too far away from everything. Realizing that we were completely alone in a forest began to make me nervous, from previous experiences. I felt embarressed, the Jean that I used to know wouldn't hurt anyone, maybe besides Eren, but now I felt uncomfortable from the ambuguity. I adjusted my sitting, noticing Jean was looking at me. My sudden emotion-shift was obvious to him. I could see he was getting uncomfortable aswell. He got up and stepped away a bit.

We didn't talk for few moments as the air between us had became tense. I didn't want to imply anything to him but I was simply nervous. Though his movement made me relax a little, remembering those memories made me feel uneased.

"You used to have a motocycle, I don't see it around anymore." Jean said, attempting to move on from that weird feeling.

"I sold it last year." I said, with a serious tone.

"Why? You loved it. You even named it, what was the name? B-something." His memory surprised me.

"I needed the money."

My response created another unpleasing tension between us. The uncertainy about everything was heavy and we had to go through it everytime we spoke. There was a slight pause but I continued talking, since he remembered a little detail about me, I felt the need to keep the conversation going.

"It was named Bianca." My response refreshed his memories.

"White... What a stupid name for a black motorcycle."

Him messing with me annoyed me.

"That was the point."

"What was the point, that you're blind?" His voice was arrogant with a hint of mockery.

"No, there was hardly any-" I paused "Why am I explaining this to you, as if you care."

"Wasn't I the one who asked?" He said, his tone became serious once more. He was looking down on me with his stupid arrogant eyes. I sighed.

"They didn't have any white motorcyles anyway. I found naming a black one 'white' kind of poetic. It reminded me of yin-yang. It also helped that I thought 'Bianca' was a cool name, too." I said, slightly embarrassed. Explaining myself and my meaningless logic to this stranger that only had intentions of making fun of me was not really comfortable.