Keep Friends Close

Trigger ⚠️

The front door chime, made her instantly close her broken eyes in fear. It was not even 7:30 when she stepped across the threshold but even a second late, there was always a consequence. Her caseworker was able to get her a temporary placement until they found a new group home because she had been kicked out; fighting.

"You know what time it is?" the baritone was louder than ever. She didn't see his car outside so she was hoping that he wasn't home.

"I...it's 7:30"

"What's my rule."

Shaken and both fearful, she silently recited Mr. Kelley's rules " Don't get in your way. Don't come into your house late. Don't touch anything that DFCS didn't pay for...and don't bother KJ." She swallows the large lump in her throat as her fingers fumbled against one another.

He stood up from his worn down recliner and removed the blunt from his lips before stepping towards the young teenager. " So you just said fuck me huh? Fuck my rules huh?" His hands dropped and he started fumbling with his belt

"No...no Mr. Kelley. I'm sorry" tears streamed heavily from her sad and tired face and she could feel the wave of nausea wash over over the second his frame towered over her.

"Babygirl, you have no...idea...how sorry you will be"

"Please Mr. Kel-" her words were drowned by the tight grip he had on her throat and his tongue being shoved forcefully into her open mouth. The front door swung open as KJ walked into his family home with bulging eyes

"Son..." his dad called out to him with pleasure "You are just in time. Seems like we have a little rule breaker on our hands. Baby girl, said she was sorry. But ima let you prove that to me." His hands released his belt buckle and his pants fell to the floor "And KJ"

"Good morning, welcome to the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta. How may I assist you this morning"  Fatima recited through a tight smile, fingers clenching the countertop in front of her.

"I was actually trying to figure that out while I was standing in line. I said to myself, I said self? My self said hmm? How can this beautiful beautiful woman assist me today."

"If you like, I can put you in a room. That's the only thing I am able to assist you with currently."

"You offering me a room? Is that professional?"

Fatima rolled her eyes "Sir, you're in a hotel. I think me offering you a room is the most professional I can be."

"Does this room come with a number."

"Yes, there will be a number on whatever door of the room we put you in."

"Yo, lemme ask you a question. How did you get this job. You mad mean."

Fatima cracked and smile, rolling her eyes simultaneously. "Yo, lemme ask you a question. Why are you here more than your own office."

Lori chuckled, overhearing the banter "She definitely has a point. You might as well merge Rise Ventures with The Hyatt. "

Zac sucked his teeth "This is why I only come up here when Marquis is here. I don't get treated like this. Fatima I'm used to her frontin on me but you Lori" he shook his head "I'm shocked"