CHAPTER 3 - Genesis

Genesis, black-eyed, and uncomfortable, sat in his living room with a worried and angry father, a panicked woman, and a few people he didn't know.

"Ice has been missing for two days, no contact whatsoever, please tell me you've seen him," Stormy asked.

"I'm sorry Stormy." his voice cracked dryly. He started to cry softly and shook his head.

"Ice left after we had a fight," murmured Daisy.

Genesis looked at the girl.

"What's your relation to Ice?" he asked, "Because I don't need random people in my house," he said, not caring if he was rude.

"I'm Ice's friend!" Daisy said, getting snappy.

"ENEMY..." a voice in his head growled.

Genesis looked her in the eyes, seeing a small fire, and Daisy glared.

"TRAITOR..."

Genesis put his hands in his pocket as they shook.

"You sure?" he asked.

Daisy stayed silent. Stormy looked at him like 'Do what you gotta do to this Karen.'

"Ok, what's your name?" he asked.

"You just asked me if I was Ice's friend, and now you're asking what my name is?"

Stormy growled and pushed her against the wall.

"Tell him your name, or I'll tell him way more than you want me to."

Thalivee gasped and pulled him away from her.

"Sapphire Daisy," she said quietly.

"I bet your parents used a name generator to pick your name," Genesis said, growing irritated as a migraine started.

Daisy fumed.

Stormy laughed, and Thalivee almost died of laughter.

"Well Daisy.com, tell me - what's his favourite show?" he asked.

"The Mandalorian."

"Wrong." he snapped. "It's Heartstopper."

Stormy lost his shit and laughed out loud. Between a laughing fit, Genesis heard him say, "Ooh, a real friend." sarcastically.

"What's his favourite colour?" Genesis said, cracking his neck.

"Black. Everyone knows that. Now pick something a little harder?" she said, looking at him.

Genesis and Thalivee made eye contact and she nodded.

"What are his favourite two things to draw? And remember, only a tight friend would know this." he shrugged, "I probably should stop you here, only I could answer that question."

"No, I know," she said.

Genesis lost his smirk.

"He draws Heartstopper characters quite often."

Genesis laughed out in relief so loud, that Stormy looked concerned.

"That is true, but that's not his two favourite things to draw!" he said.

Daisy paled.

"Then what is it smart ass?" she asked.

"Only one of them is in this room, and the other isn't even close to Maur," Genesis said.

"I'll put 40 drachmas that she likes him," Thalivee said loudly to Stormy.

"Put that in the bank account, I already know it," he said back.

Daisy blushed.

"I'll put a bet that he is already dating someone," Genesis said, getting dangerously close to the truth.

Stormy and Thalivee looked at each other and then at Genesis.

"So, anyways," Genesis said, coughing as his head got worse.

"So for sure, you have not seen Ice?" Daisy said, angrily.

"No!" Genesis said.

"Good, we can go now," Daisy said to Stormy and Thalivee.

Thalivee and Stormy nodded at Genesis.

"See you soon," they said.

Genesis snapped his fingers and they disappeared back home... hopefully.

He ran to his lab, checking on his potions, when he saw the strangest thing in his mirror. He raced to it and saw the letters 'TEST G' on it.

He turned the mirror to face the wall and went back to his potions. He stood as his shelf behind him gave out and he fell, slamming his already aching head on the floor as glass shattered on him.

Genesis was back in his dream chamber and saw Ice sitting up.

"Ice!" he yelped.

Ice didn't look at him. "Maybe he isn't in his lab right now."

Genesis looked around, not seeing who he was talking to. Who was he talking to?

"I guess we should try later." Ice said.

Ice curled up into a ball and he didn't fall asleep, even though he looked like the living dead. He didn't even look at Genesis.

"Ice, please! Talk to me!" he yelled.

"Well Ice, you do have a weird taste for friends, like Daisy, c'mon, she's a total bitch! She tried to tell me she knew you more than I did! C'mon, she doesn't even know we're dating! If she was a real friend, you would've told her! She thought you loved to draw Nick and Charlie 24/7. We- I already know that you draw me and Mr Setsun when she ain't around. I'm sorry I snooped around, but you're an amazing drawer." he said.

"It's getting harder to live with myself knowing that Weed and Todd aren't looking for attention here anymore. She's almost as bad as Daisy. And Ice," he chuckled, "Your craftsmanship needs to improve. Your shelf fell on me, and that's why I'm here."

Ice's eyes changed colour and he muttered.

"Oh god, oh god, Ω Θεέ μου.," he said. (Oh my god.)

Ice backed away as he swiped the air in front of him. "Stop! Let go!" he yelped.

Genesis hit the direction blindly and Ice gapped. "What -?"

Genesis freaked out as the channel began to fade. He tried to keep it connected.

"WAIT!" Genesis yelled.

Ice looked straight at him and smiled.

"Gene!"