Does he care?

"Does he care?"

tw: mentions of blood

- J. Guilbert
- "Don't think I could feel much worse."

"Hey, hey. You're okay, I'm not gonna hurt you or anything." He says, walking up the stairs.

What the hell?

I looked to the side at him, I didn't think he noticed me looking until his eyes made their way to mine. I quickly look away as a small smile forms on his face.

"I can walk.." I mumble, moving my hand away from his bicep.

He sighs and gently brings my feet to the ground.

We stand there in silence for a moment before he clears his throat and asks,
"What happened?"

I feel my heart drop down to my feet.

"Nothing, it's fine." I hesitantly respond.

"No, it's obviously something because your lip is bleeding out. I'm not stupid, Johnnie."

Johnnie?

How did he know that was my name?
I've never even talked to this kid.

I continue to stare at the ground and wonder until I'm broken off by a familiar, rather high feminine voice.
"What are you two boys out here doing?" She asked with annoyance in her voice.
"Nothing ma'am, Johnnie fell down the stairs and busted his lip. I'm just helping him." Jake smiles at her.

This kid.
Im not a klutz.

"Isn't that right Johnnie?" I look up, "Huh? Oh yeah, that's right." I answer, emotionlessly.

We both watch as she scoffs and struts back to her classroom, taking a small wooden door stop out from beneath her door.

"Be lucky I saved you there, if you were here alone, you wouldn't have known what to say." He spits out, grabbing my wrist.

I let out a low hiss, he didn't seem to notice because he practically dragged me down the hallway.

I squeeze my eyes shut in pain before catching up to his feet do he wouldn't be dragging me.

"Can you let go of my wrist..?" I ask, tugging back.
He lets go and says nothing. We continue to walk down the hall until we reach the familiar doorway, the door propped open by another wooden stopper.

He steps back and stands by the wall. "I'll wait for you out here."

I hesitantly walk into the nurse's office and sit down on a small blue chair.

"Oh honey." She frowns, "Was he picking on you again?" She asks, grabbing a few things from a small drawer.

I nod and her frown grows.

"Have you talked to Mr. Fulton?" She asks, cleaning my lip before putting ointment on it.

"No.." I respond, pushing my bangs out of my face.

"You should, dear." She states, sitting back down at her desk.
"Is everything okay at home?"

I get a familiar feeling like I did with Jake.
My heart starts to race, my hands shaking slightly.

"Yes." I blurt out.

She looks at me for a moment before nodding, she seems skeptical.

A long time of silence passes until she speaks up. "Go get Jake. I wanna talk to him."

I nod before standing out and walking out the doorway.

Short chapter, sorry baes 💗

- chloe 🎀