chapter 3

|| Europe||

Kuisha: Issei, he's moving towards you! I've got the lamia, take him out!"

Issei: I'm on it!

Issei, Kuisha, and Ladora had been chasing the Stray devil for a few days. The first two nights were exhausting as the trio fought and avoided many traps the rogue had in place. Trap doors, monster pits, rigged buildings, and even a giant mouse trap. Why, they didn't know.

And on this night, thinking they finally had him cornered, the three devils found themselves fighting the remaining peerage members who were defending the S-class they had been searching for.

It had been tough battle after tough battle but once they defeated the last knight all that was left was the former queen of the deceased Dantalion heir.

The Stray ran around the corner, Issei already there with his fist cocked back.

Issei: You're mine!

The stray ducked underneath the strike, Issei burying his hand into the wall. Dust flew and blinded the brunette, forcing him to rub his eyes of the invading particles.

The stray turned back, looking to get a free shot at the pawn. He pulled out a small dagger, aiming to end the boy's life quickly.

Issei pulled his arm out the wall just before the devil could reach him. He quickly parried the dagger and landed a strong right hook to the man's cheek, sending him flying into the next room. Through the wall, of course. He stepped through the hole, hoping to capture the stray this time.

Just as he did, he was met with a hard kick to the abdomen, sending he back into the hallway and into a mirror. Glass shards flew, a few scraping him as they fell to the floor.

The stray grabbed a large, sharp piece and leapt at the pawn. Issei regained himself just in time to stop the shard from stabbing him in the throat. The fellow devil tried his hardest to kill the brunette with his makeshift weapon but the item wouldn't budge against Issei.

They pushed back and forth, fighting for life and death. The weapon didn't move an inch between the two, both sweating and exhausted from the original long chase.

Issei: 'Ddraig, I could use a little extra power..'

Ddraig: [Boost]

The sacred gear responded to its partner's wishes and Issei felt his strength increase.

He moved his feet against the stray's chest and kicked with all his power. The force sent the devil straight up and slammed him against the ceiling before he fell back onto the floor, face first.

The devil tried to rise and reached for the shard once more. Issei was quick though and rolled to his feet. He ran forward and kicked the weapon away, also knocking the stray in the side of his head.

He then leapt on him, twisting both his arms around his back, holding him there in restraint.

Issei: Gotcha, ya bastard! - The brunette yelled victoriously.

Stray devil: You putrid devil, - he choked out - Let me go this instant or I'll make you pay.

Issei: Okay, first, you're in no place to make threats. Second, kind of ironic for you to say that when you're a devil too...