chapter 5

The day of the meeting had finally arrived. The Three Factions gathered at Kuoh Academy, the leaders making their way to the large meeting room at top floor. The faction's soldiers stood guard throughout the entire Academy filling the courtyard with angels, fallen, and devils. And a large barrier, much stronger than Sona and her peerage's, was erected around the school not allowing anyone in or out.

Inside the building, the groups walked down the halls, heading towards said meeting room. They could feel the tension and some couldn't help but feel nervous.

The first to arrive was Sirzechs. He had his fellow Devil King, Serafall Leviathan, at his side, looking as perky and easy going as always. His trusted Queen, Grayfia, also stood close behind them, standing as the escort to her King. Along with her were the escorts of Serafall; Kuisha, Issei, and Ladora. The three stood close to the Queen of Lucifer, a professional and monotone atmosphere about them as well.

That was excluding the hand holding between the Queen and Pawn of Sairaorg. Issei had discussed with her and the Rook of his nervousness and anxiety since returning to his hometown, following Ddraig's advice. The young woman was more than happy to offer him a gesture of comfort. So they stood very close, fingers intertwined. The dragonkin offered his comfort as well with a hand on his fellow devil's shoulder. It was enough to say the trio had become quite close.

Rias and her peerage, as well as Sona and her Queen, Tsubaki, stood at a wall not too far off from the trio.

The heiress of Gremory never took her eyes off her former Pawn since she walked into the room, and the moment she caught sight of his hand holding with the Queen's, her heart felt a small twinge of pain. Regret surfaced once more inside her and she started to question herself once more. Issei did his best to pay her no mind, keeping a professional air about him as he discussed light topics with his two companions. All the while staying under the gaze of Rias and her peerage.

Next to arrive was Azazel and his lone escort. The fallen angel was dressed in a long burgundy trench coat with black belts around his abdominal, arms, and wrists. He also had grey pants and black shoes, with a necklace just for added flare.

Behind him his bodyguard stood, leaning against the wall without a care in the world. The boy was in his late teens with silver hair and hazel eyes. He wore a dark green V-neck shirt with a high-collared black leather jacket over it. With it were burgundy jeans with a silver chain and black leather chaps with three bands encircling his right calf, and black shoes with black buckles.

It had been revealed, by Serafall to Issei, that the boy, Vali, was the one to defeat Kokabiel in the end. He was the White Dragon Emperor and Issei's fated rival. But with all the important business that transpired, the brunette had been unable to see him until the moment he walked in.

Upon first eye contact, a fire could be seen in both teens eyes. It was easy to discern that both dragons first meeting with one another wasn't a good one. Though it was to be expected seeing as the duo were destined to fight one another. But even the weilders themselves seem to have a personal connection to their rival.

The last to arrive was Michael. Behind him, Irina and Xenovia sat as escorts. The former had her Excalibur Mimic strapped to her side while the latter held Durandal over her back.

The leaders took to their seats at a round table. And with that, all parties had arrived and the meeting could commence.

Sirzechs: Now that everyone is accounted for, I'll say the preconditions for the meeting. The people present here acknowledge the most important event and forbidden subject? And uphold their word to keep what is said here to be truthful? - he spoke up first, looking at the entire room carefully.