chapter 4

|| underworld||

Kuisha sighed to herself. It had been two days since the trio had returned home. Issei was still asleep in his room and hadn't given any signs of waking up soon.

Both her and Ladora had given their reports to Sairaorg, who was equally impressed and worried for his newest family member.

Issei had done something amazing back in Kuoh, something Kuisha would struggle to do if she was placed in a similar scenario. The brunette had held back a Cadre fallen angel, a leader of the Grigori, and had him on his heels even if just for a moment. Whether it was a ploy or not didn't matter, Issei stood toe-to-toe with a being thousands of years older than him. A being who fought in a war and held centuries of experience from the battlefield.

For a split second, Kuisha had actually believed Issei had even beaten the fallen. And that had been everyone's mistake, especially Issei's. It must have been a calculated tactic seeing as everyone lowered their guard. And because of that, Issei almost lost his life though issei's bloodlust that she felt when he finished kokabiel from the dome was something that was bothering her a bit though she let it slide and had to focus on the main topic.

The queen blamed herself, seeing as how she was the leader of the mission. Meaning it was her priority to make sure the three of them made it home safe. And she failed as now Issei was almost killed under her leadership.

No one else was to blame but her. The Gremory made sure her group didn't sustain life threatening injuries and even the exorcists weren't too bad.

How was she going to become a future King if she couldn't handle a mission as this? Well...it was a former war general. But even still, Issei shouldn't have been the only person fighting. Neither her nor Ladora moved to assist him, and they were suppose to be his seniors.

It seemed Issei was better suited as he took control the minute they arrived. Not only that, he hadn't hesitated to take on the Grigori leader despite feeling the very difference in their power. Kuisha knew Issei wasn't dumb. The brunette had to have known he couldn't defeat someone millennials older than him. And yet...he did his most to protect them and had the most worry some technique that she never seen before Issei.

What had the Queen done? Nothing but stand there. No matter if Issei wanted her to intervene or not she should have tried to back him up in some way once the rest of Kokabiel's forces had been dealt with.

It was no surprise that Sairaorg had taken such an interest in Issei. He was a special person, Kuisha had felt it from their first encounter. She could see he was hurting but saw as he smiled and was very kind to everyone. He accepted all of them almost immediately and the little time they spent together only allowed the bond between them to increase.

The devil knew that Rias made a mistake giving up the Red Dragon Emperor. But over time, she realized that the heiress made a bigger mistake by giving up Issei. She placed a hand over her heart, feeling the slowly increasing heartbeats. The more she thought about the brunette and his kindness, his humor, his bravery, his chivalry, and his generosity, the more red dusted her cheeks. She knew what it meant and couldn't help the developing feelings she had for the pawn. He was one of a kind and she knew that women from all over would kill to make him theirs.

She couldn't call her feelings extreme or love but she genuinely liked the boy. And she was curious to see how her feelings would continue to develop with him. Maybe a little Ise or Kuisha running around? Her blush turned bright red at that though.