Chapter Sixty Eight.

LXVIII. Heartbreak Weather

      There was a small break in between the boys fight and the girl's fight, but it was longer now that Oliver got hurt

      There was a small break in between the boys fight and the girl's fight, but it was longer now that Oliver got hurt. The medics were with him making sure nothing was seriously injured and that he was breathing right, and his friends gathered around him while he sat on the steps. "How you feeling, Oliver?" Asked Grayson.

"Embarrassed more than anything." Oliver mumbled. "I mean, look at me. I'm a beast and I just got beat my a ten year old."

"Something's gotta be off. There's no way all those calls those were legit." Hailey accused with a scoff.

"Yeah, they're definitely cheating." Grayson agreed with her.

Odessa watched Tory from across the room. She was spaced out, almost disoriented from what was happening. She was distancing herself from her team as they continued to praise Kenny for winning the fight. Odessa thought it was weird, and she thought repeatedly about what her dad said before. Then, she watched Tory slip out of the room at a fast pace. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Hailey asked when she stood up.

"I just have to go check something," she excused and left the room.

The voices of the others faded when Odessa walked to the front of the dojo. She looked side to side and found Tory sitting in a waiting area with her head down and her elbows on her thighs. From there, she could see her breathing heavy.

Odessa could remember the first time they became friends. Before Cobra Kai got in everybody's heads, before the school fight happened. Now so much time had passed, so many things happened. All the memories they once shared were faded away, and they were completely different people now.

But that didn't mean Odessa's heart had changed. She still cared about people. She wanted to make sure she was okay. "Are you okay?"

Tory's head shot up and she was shocked to see her there. "What are you doing here?"

"Saw you walk off. Figured you'd be celebrating with your team." She replied, slightly bitter.

"I'm fine, Beaumont. Just go." She snapped and put her head back down.

Odessa didn't believe her. She crossed her arms over her chest. "Your Senseis has a hankering for cheating, I guess."

Again, Tory looked up and she was shocked. "What?"

"You think I don't know the rules of this sport? Or that my dad hadn't been noticing the eyes Silver's been giving the ref?" She scoffed. "I'm not dumb, Tory."

She stood from the chair she was on and glared at her. "You don't know a thing, Odessa."

Odessa wasn't fazed. "Try me."