Chapter Seventy.

LXX. Heartbreak Weather

      The highlight of Odessa's night was watching Oliver jump off jump from the second floor of the apartment complex and dog pile into everyone as they cheered his name over and over again

      The highlight of Odessa's night was watching Oliver jump off jump from the second floor of the apartment complex and dog pile into everyone as they cheered his name over and over again. He was drunk, drunker than most of them, but Oliver was a fun drunk. He made people laugh, and it also made his friends worry. "I swear he's going to kill himself one day." Hailey said when they walked back into Miguel's home.

"C'mon, we all know Oliver's indestructible." Grayson replied, his long arm slung over her shoulder while holding a cup of beer in the other.

"Yeah, I've heard that before." Odessa muttered. She looked across the room and saw Miguel still making out with that girl. "Jesus, can he breathe?"

Grayson cackled. "Who cares? Go Miguel!"

Hailey whacked his chest. "Stop doing that."

Oliver came stumbling back into the apartment, his flashing glasses pushed on top of his red head. "That was awesome!" He laughed with a wide smile on his red face.

"You're about to give me a heart attack. No more jumping off stuff!" Odessa demanded with a stern look.

He laughed again and waved her off. "Okay, mom. Quit worrying. It's a partyyyy." He sang at the end and ruffled her blonde hair.

She rolled her eyes. She saw Eli waving her over and Odessa left her friend's sides, going back to the kitchen area. "You missed Oliver almost dying."

He laughed. "Seriously?"

She hummed. "Yeah, he's an idiot. It's probably a good thing Demetri's not here. He'd go into cardiac arrest."

"Most likely." Eli chuckled. Eyeing the people dancing, he took her by the hand. "C'mon."

Odessa smiled. The pair moved past everybody and Eli faced her. Still holding her hand, he spun her around and Odessa laughed. He pulled her in close and she wrapped one of her arms around his neck, laughing again when he rested his forehead on her shoulder.

Hailey was dancing with Grayson when she saw Sam standing at the door. When her face fell, she looked over and saw Miguel still with that girl. "Oh, shit."

"Sam!" Miguel exclaimed when he saw her.

Odessa and Eli pulled away from each other. She watched him jump up from the couch as Sam stormed off. "Man, this really isn't his night." She muttered.

"You think I gave him bad advice?"

"No shit."

A random kid came running into the apartment. "FIGHT!" He screamed and that's when Odessa heard commotion coming from outside.

"Ah, hell." Grayson groaned and everybody started running out of the apartment.

"Oliver!" Yelled Hailey.