Problems | A FIFTEEN

A/N: Dedicated to fairbeauty16 and -bellareadsss

•••

Right when Cassandra was beginning to think she'd gotten the ropes of the backwards kingdom that was St. Sinclair academy, she was thrown back into incredulity just like the first day.

The loud music booming from the red speed devil of a car that just pulled up abruptly stopped as the engine died with the driver door popping open. A tall figure emerged from the vehicle. The first thing Cassandra's eyes latched onto was the army green jacket clad over the figure's broad back and as he turned, she was supplied an clear view of his cliff carved face with the bold inking scaling along his neck. The rugged mounting of his silver dyed hair ruffled as the wind swept over it, with locks sweeping over his sharp blue eyes and his hand rose to drag them back.

Then he spotted her.

Cassandra jumped, mind a muddle and lips fumbling over like day one all over again.

Except this mysterious stud didn't walk over. He examined her from head to toe, audaciously and wired a smirk, mouthing a kiss before swaggering off through the area. Stomping over Ben's toppled bike like nothing.

Who in the hell was that? Cassandra couldn't help but notice how young his well proportioned his face was to be a staff and she dreaded to think what that could mean. Then the bell rang and she snapped out of the trance, realising she was the only dummy loitering in the area who was going to be late.

**

Stevie walked along the quad, treading past the trail of brown, orange and reddish fallen leaves of the chillier season and finally reached the boy sat by the fire exit. He straightened as she neared.

"This better be good, Rudolph. Advance starts in ten."

"I know and I'm really, really sorry for calling you out like this. See, coach wants the team to start preparing for the relays in a few weeks so we'll be holding regular practices everyday." He announced. "And considering how your curfew got cut shorter, I won't be able to see you much."

Stevie blinked. "... I'm risking being late for class, something that will actually benefit me in life to hear a flimsy update on your schedule?"

"But— "

"Rudolph." He flinched at the stern tone. "I've told you before, idiots have brains too so remember to use yours. Just text me when you're free again, simple."

"Stevie wait." He instinctively made a move to grab her arm when she aimed to walk off. Immediately, memory served on the 'no touch' sentence and he dropped his hold, quick, like he touched a flame.

Maybe he wasn't such a lost cause just yet. "What is it?"

He nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "My parents will be out of town for the week and on Friday it's a bank holiday so I got thinking maybe you could come and stay overnight?"

"Overnight." Stevie parroted.

"Yeah, I thought it'd be nice and we could have the whole place to ourselves."

"You could still tell me this through text."

Rudolph dipped his hand into back pocket and opened his outstretched hand to where a key lay. She stared down at the item, blinking then looked up to see a giddy grin. "It's a spare, for you to go straight after class, I couldn't be sure if I'd have time to give it to you before Thursday and I don't like the idea of just leaving it under the mat, y'know, with what happened with Paris Hilton."