CH. 24

"Happy birthday!"

"Happy birthday!"

The entire school was packed with excitement in the morning, the students all celebrating the birthday of the twins as if it was the birthday of the president. Friends, acquaintances, secret admirers, even teachers all wished them happy birthday with a wide smile on their faces. 

The twins were thrilled for their birthday party later that night, they had planned the perfect party on their holiday house. Of course, everyone in Caelum Academy was invited, the concept was an open party anyway. 

"The twins are finally here, happy birthday both of you!" Hwang Hyejin yelled in excitement, lifting her hands up in the air. 

Jungwon brought his hands around Jiyoon and Joonhwan's shoulder, beaming at the two. "Can't wait for the party tonight!"

Jiyoon rolled her eyes but nevertheless still smiled at him. She was not much of that party person, but it was her birthday so that was the only exception. Plus, she was looking forward for a specific Corvus to attend. 

The day went by quickly for them. Without even knowing, school was already over for the day. The twins walked down the hallway, ready to prepare for the party later.

Jiyoon looked around, spotting a familiar raven haired boy casually chatting with his group of friends near the stairs. His dark orbs were sparkling with green hues, making him look more attractive. 

The way his eyes shrunken as he smiled or the way his hair fell down so perfectly on his forehead, everything about him captured her attention. She did not even realise she was staring until Jungwon nudged her arms, making her body jolt.

"Oh sorry, did I distract you from drooling over Sunghoon-hyung?" Jungwon cooed, a playful smile plastered on his face. 

Jiyoon straightened her posture, blinking multiple times before clearing her throat. "Shut up, I was just thinking about inviting him. Not just him of course, his friends too."

Joonhwan rolled his eyes. "Yeah right, inviting him means inviting his annoying brother too."

"So? It's an open party anyway." Jiyoon spoke, not even caring if his twin has an ongoing rivalry with Jay. 

"Then why would you want to personally invite Sunghoon-hyung? You want to make sure he comes?" Jungwon teased once again, earning a scowl from the girl as she playfully slapped his arm.

She folded her arms on her chest, staring at the older boy once more. A smile bloomed on her face, chuckling at the sudden thought she was having. 

"You know what? Yeah, maybe you're right."

Both Jungwon and Joonhwan were taken aback by what she just said. They were not expecting her to admit to her feelings like that. But what shook them even more was when she walked towards the group of boys, leaving the two behind. 

Jiyoon approached the six boys, arms still folded on her chest as she walked with a rather slow pace. Jake was the one who noticed her first, immediately nudging Sunghoon when she reached their position.

Sunghoon stared at her blankly, raising an eyebrow at the girl. "What do you want?"

"Does it kill you to be nice for once?" Jiyoon asked, quirking an eyebrow back at him. 

"You should tell that to yourself."

Jake stepped in between the two, not wanting them to fight. "Woah, woah, chill you two. Also, happy birthday Jiyoon!"

Jiyoon smiled lightly at the boy, nodding her head. "Thanks, I guess you're much kinder than your grumpy friend over here."

Sunghoon only snorted at her remark. It was quite funny how these two always bicker, even when it was just the two of them. Though, the way they bicker when they were alone is quite different—laced with a hint of playful flirting.

"Yeah, you still haven't answered. What do you want?" Sunghoon demanded once more, earning a playful grin from the girl.

"I'm inviting you all to my party." She announced, making the boys smile at her.

"Isn't it an open party? Everyone's free to go on their own will, why bother inviting?" The boy asked once more, making the girl roll her eyes at him. "Just be grateful I'm being nice today, unlike a certain someone I know."

"What's with you two? Can you go a day without bickering?" Heeseung questioned.

"No."
"No."

Ni-Ki and Sunoo laughed at their behaviour, clearly enjoying their playful quarrel. Jay on the other hand, he was not too fond of the girl, though it was due to personal reasons. He has yet to find a reason to like the girl.

"What time is the party?" Ni-Ki asked, clearly interested in going. 

"8pm, 21 Praestantia Avenue," Jiyoon answered, eyes darting towards the raven haired boy in front of her. She smiled, this time it was not a mischievous one, it was a sincere sweet smile. "I expect all of you to come."

With that, she left the boys back in their own business. It was Sunghoon's first time seeing her smile sincerely at him like that and he hated to admit that she looked cute.

 It was Sunghoon's first time seeing her smile sincerely at him like that and he hated to admit that she looked cute