CH. 26

The night came to an end as the party died down as people are starting to go back home

After the terrifying occurrence earlier, Jiyoon tailed Sunghoon around like a lost puppy. It did not mind him at all, he did promise her that he would not leave her. But it sure left a huge question mark to their friends.

Jungwon sat down, sighing as he stared at the two sitting down in silence. "Okay, something's off, tell me."

"What do you mean?" Jiyoon asked, not sure how to approach them with whatever happened earlier as she was unsure herself.

"You two aren't bickering, it's weird." Jay added, agreeing with the younger Corvus.

"Shouldn't you be grateful?" Jiyoon questioned once more.

Joonhwan groaned, rolling his eyes in annoyance. Being the shorter-tempered twin he was, he clearly did not have time for this awkwardness.

"Cut the shit. What's going on?" He asked, looking at Jiyoon directly in the eyes. When he saw that she was not going to answer him his stares turned towards Sunghoon, who seemed to understand what he wanted.

"She was taken to another domain, almost kidnapped." The boy admitted, making the three widen their eyes in shock.

Joonhwan stood up, eyebrows furred in fury. "Who the fuck did it?"

Sunghoon pursed his lips. He recalled seeing a suspicious figure, but he could not pin point his face as it was completely covered. But he was sure that he was behind it all.

"I don't know, but he saved me." Jiyoon shook her head, her eyes darting towards the male beside her.

"It must be that evil soul. You almost got poisoned, now this." Jungwon concluded, trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

Yet it still made her wonder—why is she the target?

The five of them sat in silence for a few minutes, the house was now empty and filled with only the sounds of their sighs.

"Why me?" She muttered, looking down at her hands.

Jiyoon has never been the type to show her weakness, but tonight she felt completely vulnerable. She could not use her powers, that was what terrified her the most. She was nothing without her powers.

"Maybe someone holds a grudge towards you, or maybe your family." Jay suggested, though he was not too fond of her seeing her in this state did made him pity her.

Sunghoon stared at the girl, her eyes no longer sparkle with those beautiful red hues. "We'll get to the bottom of this." 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The brisk wind blew against his skin as he walked down the empty road. Willow Lane is known for its unsettling feeling, stepping a foot there would immediately send shivers down the spine.

 After a massive bomb exploded nearly twenty years ago, the entire block was left empty. No one dared to go there, they would rather take a longer way than to go through those grim streets.

The young man in all black however, walked comfortably as if he lived there his entire life. His eyes were dark, his soul sending out a strong evil stench. He wore a white mask, covering his entire face, identity fully unknown.

Upon arriving at a specific building, he raised his hands, making the door open in an instant. He entered the building in an abrupt manner, heading towards the hallway in the heart of the building. He was greeted with immense respect, the other people in that building who wore the exact same mask all bowed to him. 

He headed towards what it seems like his office, shutting the door shut behind him. He poured himself a drink, finishing it all in one go. His tight grip on the glass did not loosen, a sudden spark of anger seemed to rise inside him, making him throw the glass to the floor.

Breath heavy and uneven, he stared down at the shattered pieces of the glass. A sudden knock took him out of his thoughts, a tall male figure entering not long after.

"Everything okay?" He asked, earning a snarl from the taller man. 

"Okay? That damn Park Sunghoon ruined everything!" He angrily exclaimed, pacing back and forth. 

The other man frowned upon hearing the name mentioned. "Sunghoon? He's back in Olympus?"

"Apparently yes, he's my only threat now. Fuck, why can't it be the other twin instead?" He continued to grumble, extremely furious that a certain seven year Corvus got on his way.

"Must it really be her?"

The man stayed quiet for a moment, thinking of another plan. "She is the only one that has the Red Moon Eyes."

The Red Moon Eyes, the infamous trait inherited only in the Huang Clan. Once every 215 Blood Moon cycle, if a baby is born, then they will inherit the Red Moon Eyes. Since Jiyoon and Joonhwan were born on the same day, Jiyoon was the chosen one to inherit the trait.

The Prophecy said that the inheritors of Red Moon Eyes can use their powers limitless, which means they can exceed almost everyone in this world. Their eyes will not die even if the body is dead, it will remain alive and recharged every red moon sacrament. Which means, Jiyoon's eyes can be used as a charm to enhance power to limitless.

"We'll find another way to get her, there must be a way to get rid of Sunghoon." The other man suggested, trying to calm down his leader.

"Park Sunghoon, I will get rid of him myself."