004

"How come you picked up more shifts? I thought you had another job."

     "Ah, they paid me a couple bucks less than I get here, so I quit. Plus, I like it here. I actually get to sit down on the job."

     Y/N and Jeremy were wiping down the prize counter at the end of the night, the last party of the night leaving. They two waved them goodbye and Scott locked the door.

     Y/N threw her rag over her shoulder and said, "Alright, I'm gonna go take out the trash. Vince and Mike already leave?"

     "Vince left a couple minutes ago, Mike took Fritz's Night shift today. Once you take out the trash, can you shut off the power?"

     "Yeah, no problem, boss man." She gave Jeremy a fist bump before leaving.

     As Y/N walked the halls and dumped trash into bags, she felt like she was being watched. It wasn't an overbearing feeling, so she wrote it off as paranoia from a lack of sleep. She had taken a nap in the office a couple of hours ago which probably wasn't a great idea.

     With a shoulder full of trash bags, Y/N pushed the back door open and hauled them to the green bin. She huffed as she threw them in, and wiped her hands on her jeans. When she turned around, her eyes met with bright white, causing her to yelp.

     She placed a hand on her heart and hissed, "Jesus, dude, you scared me half to death. I thought you left, what are you doing here?"

     A purple finger twirled Y/N's hair and said, "I wanted to say goodbye. Scott has you working like a little lap-dog." Vincent leaned in closer and Y/N's breath hitched. Her hands found the edge of the trash bin as she took a step back.

     "What do you actually want?"

     "Hmm... what was the real reason you quit UPS?"

    "What are you talking about?"

     "I know it's not 'cause you like it here."

     "It's not your business."

     "Bills not getting paid? Late on your car payment? Family member need medical treatment."

     "Again, it's not your business. I suggest you take a few steps back."

     Vincent didn't move. His hand rested beside Y/N's head as he leaned over her. "We both know why you quit. You just want to spend more time with me~"

     Y/N scoffed and laughed in his face. "You're insane. No matter how much I ignore you and tell you off, you genuinely think I'm here... for you?"

     He tilted his head and narrowed his eyes. His smile widened in turn. "Of course you'd deny it. I know Scott told you how much I 'harassed' the other women here. He always exaggerates everything."

     Y/N tried the slip away from Vincent's aura, but he grabbed her wrist and stopped her from going. She grunted and kicked him in the stomach, but he had no reaction. He didn't wince, he didn't even move. He was basically a wall. "Let me go."

     "Fine. You'll realize it someday."

     He let go of her and she ran back inside to turn the power off. He stared at the closed door for a moment before pulling out his phone and dialing a number.

     "Hey," he said. "I need a loan."

~~~~~

     "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

     Y/N's cry rang out through her apartment and her neighbor banged on the wall for her to keep it down.

     She collapsed on the couch and ran a hand through her hair, staring at the bank statement in her grasp. Her hands shook as she stared at the numbers.