Tanjiro's Turmoil

Tanjiro's POV

Nezuko was on her bed writing in her diary. While I was busy finishing our project. Which was a painting of our family. She looked over at me and pouted.

"Tanjiro, take a break, you've been working on that thing for an hour already." She said. A frown on her face.

"But it has to be perf-" I tried to say before she interrupted me.

"Look, Tanjiro, you have to stop already, not everything has to be perfect. You're supposed to be doing normal teenage boy things, you have to take time for yourself." She said, her tone serious.

"But I-" I tried to say. But she interrupted me with a warning glare. She stood up and took the painting out of my hands.

"I'll finish this. Call your friends to see if they're free." She said before she put my phone in my hand and handed me my jacket and my shoulder bag before pushing me out of our room.

I blinked in surprise. I stared at my phone silently for a moment. Before I opened it and hesitantly held my finger over the call button.

I turned to the door and called out to Nezuko. "Are you sure? I mean what if our siblings ne-" I was interrupted again.

"Tanjiro Kamado! If you don't call your friends right now I'm grabbing the sandal!" She yelled through the door, her voice muffled.

I sighed before I pressed the call button to the group chat.Inosuke,Aoi,Muichiro,Kanao,Murata and Zenitsu immediately answered. Genya didn't answer though.

"Uh hey guys, I-i wanted to ask if you guys were busy....." I said nervously. I really had no idea what to do if they said yes. I hope someone else has ideas. Why is Nezuko making me do this?

"Huh? why do you wanna know Tanjiro?" Kanao asked. Genya peeked into Muichiro's phone screen. It seems the two were hanging out.

"Well I wanted to know if you guys want to hang out?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck nervously.

"Yeah we're free, what should we do?" Kanao asked. Everyone broke into discussion about what to do. A while later we all agreed to go skating. I hung up the phone and stuffed it in my pocket. I wrote a note and put it on the fridge before I put on my shoes and headed to the skating rink.

I made it to the skating rink. Genya and Muichiro were already there. I smiled and walked over to them.

"Hey guys!" I said. They both turned to me and gave smiles back.

"Hey Tanji." Muichiro said quietly.

"Hey fireboy." Genya said.

"Fireboy?" I said with a clueless look on my face.

"Mhm." Genya said with a grin.

"I don't get it?" I said as I tilted my head. (Bro is literally fireboy in irl, don't tell me otherwise-)

"Don't worry about it, fireboy." He said. The others soon arrived. Zenitsu immediately attached himself to me crying about how inosuke was trying to fight him. I sighed. We all headed inside and paid for our skates and stuff.

I sat down at one of the tables, and checked my phone. I had no missed calls or messages. So I was getting worried. What if something happened? What if-? No no no, Tanjiro, get yourself together, you're supposed to be having fun. I put my phone in my pocket before I got in the rink.

Zenitsu was falling and tumbling around, while inosuke was doing cool tricks. Kanao was skating gracefully, she's actually really good at this. I mean I'm not surprised she's almost good at everything. (Tanjiro, no. No straightness.)

Muichiro was also skating pretty gracefully. Genya had his headphones on, and was dance skating. Why are all my friends so talented? I mean Inosuke and Genya are strong, Kanao and Muichiro are perfectionists, and Zenitsu is very creative. Meanwhile I don't have any talents, I don't understand why they're friends with me.

Aren't I just holding them back? Do I come off as weird sometimes? Am I a burden?

Suddenly I was interrupted from my thoughts by Muichiro skating up to me.

"Hey Tanjiro, wanna skate with me?" He asked. I nodded and he took my hand and dragged me out further into the rink.

We started skating together, out of the corner of my eye I saw Genya and Kanao glaring daggers? Nah I'm probably just imagining things. I wonder how Nezuko and the others are doing?

Nezuko's POV

"Guys stop running! You got to take your baths!" I yelled as I chased after my younger brothers. I tripped and fell. They snickered before running off to the restroom.

I sighed. How does Tanjiro do this everyday? He really did need that break. He may think no one can tell that he's faking his smiles. I bet he doesn't even know what real happiness feels like anymore at this point.

Our parents are very busy. With the bakery and all. So that leaves Tanjiro to take care of all of us, which doesn't give him much time to himself. He may not know it but he's a perfectionist. He always has to make sure everything is an order. 'One wrong move can ruin a person's whole day',is what he says.

He's a literal saint. Always putting others first before himself. Giving his all. He deserves to be selfish every once in a while. I know it's killing him inside having to put up that persona all the time.

I stood up and dusted myself off. I got my siblings into bed before going back to me and Tanjiro's room. I plop down on my bed and stare at the ceiling.

I guess that quote is true after all. 'The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.'

I wish Tanjiro would just open up. Share his suffering and his pain. I know he's hurting. But I've seen that smile his real smile. Because of Muichiro. He was the only person that's not family that Tanjiro actually truly smiled at.

Which is why I'll do anything it takes to get them together.

|Oh wow, it seems our little Tanjiro is actually not as bright and sunshiney as he seems. Will he ever open up? Will Nezuko become the head of the Muitan shipping club? Find out next time on Class Fight!|