30

Zendaya

Today was a breeze. When I got to campus this afternoon, I learned my 12:15, which is my only class today, got cancelled. That means my Midterm is being postponed until Thursday, which I don't mind. I can study some more.

After locking in for four hours, I decided my brain needed some food. I went to the cafe for small meal from Tropical Smoothie.

They always make my sandwich fresh cause one of the managers is always flirting with me at the register. She makes sure she sees my order made right. Her name tag said Dom but I'm sure that's her nickname. One day she did tell me her name but I definitely forgot it.

Taking advantage of her feelings is wrong, but I don't be complaining when my food be hot and fresh and my smoothie be blended perfectly.

When I approached my front door, I fumbled for my keys. As my keys jangle in my pursuit to open my door, I could hear a nearby door slam close. It could be Kamryn coming out her house. I haven't seen my baby in days. We should link up.

I took a small step back to peak past the brick wall. It was definitely not Kamryn, but I can tell that was her door that opened. A pretty girl and small dog were walking together. I wonder who she is. She doesn't look like she lives around here.

"Hi." My greeting was delivered right as another girl walked by in the opposite direction. They both were an earshot away, but only she turned around.

She stopped in her tracks and acknowledges me with a curious look to see if I was talking to her.

"You talking to me?" She asked with her head tilted.

"Yeah. Just saying hi and your dog is adorable." I looked at her dog sitting next to her foot like a well-trained puppy.

"Oh, thank you." She smiles with bright eyes. She seems friendly.

"You're welcome. It's nice to meet a new neighbor."

"Oh no, I'm just staying with a friend."

"Oh, okay. Well, it was nice meeting youuu..." I stretched my vowels, hoping she would give me her name without me being obvious I was trying to gather information for research purposes.

"Amari."

"Amari, that's a pretty name. I'm Zendaya."

"Thank you, Zendaya. It was nice meeting you too."

Amari, Amari, Amari.

She continued to walk with her dog, meanwhile I was still stuck at my door. I was mindlessly trying to unlock my door with my mailbox key. Once I noticed my mistake, I switched the keys in my hand and walked inside the house.

"Amari, hm..." I mumbled to myself while pushing the door closed and leaning against the back.

"Um... you good? Why you look like you got a case to solve?" Kamal asked.

"Cause I do. Why do you stay in my business?" I ask.

"You're just mad I can read you like a book aaand you're going into detective mode why... You saw something?"

"I don't know yet but I'm gonna find out."

"Don't go looking for what you not ready to find. You can get hurt that way." He sings as he goes into his room.

I walk upstairs into my room and I take off my shoes. After I dropped all my stuff on my desk, I grabbed my food and hopped in my bed.

All I can think is she has to know one of them. I just hope it's not Kamryn. I need to know for sure, my trust issues won't let me ask first, so I'm checking if Kamryn posted anything on social media that shows her. Her page was clean so I go into her instagram followers and click the search bar.