15

Giovanni and Diablo settled into the examination room, the air thick with anticipation. Giovanni perched on the edge of the examination table, the crinkle of paper beneath him echoing the nervous flutter in his chest. Beside him, Diablo exuded calm strength, his hand a steady presence on his knee.

As they waited, Giovanni's mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions. He couldn't help but replay the journey that had led them to this moment—the initial shock of discovering he was pregnant, the overwhelming joy that followed, and now, the nervous excitement of their first official appointment.

As the obstetrician walked into the examination room, she was greeted by the warm smiles of Giovanni and Diablo. With an easy familiarity, she approached Diablo, exchanging a few words Their easy rapport put Giovanni at ease, reassured by the sense of camaraderie between Diablo and their healthcare provider. After exchanging pleasantries, the examination began, each heartbeat echoing loudly in Giovanni's ears as the obstetrician checked his vital signs and inquired about any concerns or symptoms.

Finally, the moment of truth arrived. The obstetrician turned to Giovanni with a gentle smile. "Based on the information from conception and the last heat and rut spent together and the ultrasound results, you're approximately 14 weeks along. Congratulations, you're about to enter your second trimester!"

Relief flooded through Giovanni at the confirmation of his progress. He stole a glance at Diablo, his eyes shining with pride and love, a silent reassurance that they were in this together.

The obstetrician continued, guiding them through the changes Giovanni could expect as he entered this new phase of pregnancy. She spoke of the physical transformations, the growing baby bump, and the fluttering movements that would soon become more pronounced. Then, with a chuckle, she addressed the infamous cravings and mood swings, assuring Giovanni that they were perfectly normal aspects of pregnancy.

Giovanni listened attentively, soaking in every word with a mix of fascination and trepidation. He knew he could always count on Diablo's unwavering support, no matter what challenges lay ahead.

Just as they thought the appointment was concluding, the obstetrician paused, her gaze gentle yet probing. "Do you have any questions?" she asked, her tone inviting.

Giovanni hesitated, his mind racing with a million thoughts. He glanced at Diablo, silently seeking his reassurance. With a nod from him, he found his voice. "Um, yes, actually. Are there any specific foods I should be eating or avoiding to support the baby's development?"

The obstetrician nodded, her expression thoughtful. "It's important to maintain a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. And while occasional indulgences are fine, it's best to limit processed foods and excess sugar. If you have any dietary restrictions or concerns, we can discuss them further."

Giovanni nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over him at the guidance. He glanced at Diablo, grateful for his silent support.

“I do have a question,” Diablo spoke. "I understand that Giovanni won't experience heat cycles, but is it safe for us to engage in intimacy, especially when I'm entering rut, or just in general?”

"Sex during pregnancy is generally safe and often encouraged," the obstetrician explained gently, her tone reassuring.

"For most couples, it can strengthen intimacy and maintain a healthy connection during this special time. In fact, unless you have a high-risk pregnancy or specific complications, there's usually no medical reason to avoid it. I also wanna cover the part about rut. You will be just fine because your alpha instincts to breed will understand that your omega is carrying. so you might not experience your rut, to begin with. Now I do understand you're a dominant so you probably will still experience rut but it will be more to claim your omega partner than to Breed or impregnate, seeing as that's already done,” she chuckled.

The obstetrician emphasized the importance of communication and comfort between partners. "Listen to your body and your instincts," she advised. "If something doesn't feel right, it's okay to pause and discuss it with your partner or reach out to me for guidance.”

With a final round of instructions and well wishes, the appointment drew to a close. Giovanni and Diablo left the clinic, their hearts brimming with excitement for the future.