Chapter 17

#LGS1MgaPaalala #LGS1chapter17 #LaGrilla1

***

Warning: 🚫
Sexual Content

THANKFULLY, the dinner went well. Leo just learned his lesson, which was to keep in mind to inform Imee's parents of his arrival ahead of schedule. Makatuwiran ang malamig na pakikitungo sa kaniya ni Aling Minerva dahil sa walang-pasabi niyang pakikisalo sa hapunan ng mga ito.

Sa totoo lang, hindi na siya nakapagpaalam dahil hindi na rin siya nakapag-isip nang maayos. The moment he came up with an idea on how to confirm his suspicions about Imee's feelings for him, he acted upon it immediately. . . . Leo got dressed to kill and drove straight to Batangas with short stop-overs on a few roadside shops to buy sweets and a watermelon.

After the dinner, Leo was overcame by guilt. Dahil binigla niya ang pagbisita kina Imee ay minabuti niyang umalis agad para hindi na makaistorbo pa lalo sa mga ito. Tama lang din na umuwi siya agad dahil may pasok pa siya sa law firm kinabukasan.

It was so sweet of Imee to walk him to his car. When they got there, he gave her a quick kiss on the lips without him even thinking about it. It was as if it was the most natural thing to do, a muscle memory type of gesture. When he stared at her face, he heard this quiet protest from his chest, from his heart.

Hay, ayaw pa niyang umuwi. Nabitin siya dahil halos iisang oras lang niya nakita at nakasama si Imee! They barely even talked, which was one of his favorite things about dating her!

"Thank you, Imee, for everything tonight," paalam niya sa dalaga, labag sa kalooban ang umalis.

"Anytime." She smiled softly at him. "I love you."

Pakiramdam niya ay nanlambot ang mga tuhod niya. He caressed her cheek. "I love you too."

Mabilis niyang hinarap ang kotse. He needed to get seated in the driver's seat because he was so weak in the knees to thw point that he was close to dropping on the ground. Muling tumigas lang ang kaniyang mga tuhod nang manumbalik ang kaniyang pagkaalerto.

May naalala siya.

Pumunta nga pala siya rito para sa plano niyang alamin kung posible ba na may koneksiyon si Imee kay Melissa! How could he forget that?!

He turned to her, anxious. "Can I borrow your phone for a second?"

She seemed to mirror his worry. "Bakit?"

"I just need to make a call. Hindi ako nakapag-charge bago umalis. Baka ma-deadbatt agad ako kung gagamitin ko ngayon sa pagtawag." He was indeed a lawyer. Napabilis niyang nakaisip ng pang-depensa!

Imee pulled her cell phone out of her shorts' pocket. "Naku, buti na lang hindi ko 'to naiwan sa loob ng bahay."

He smiled, but it did not reach his eyes. The moment of truth was at hand and it perplexed him already. "Excuse me."

"S-Sige . . ." halos bulong nito na nakaabot sa kaniyang pandinig kahit nakatalikod na siya sa dalaga.

When he was already a few meters away, Leo turned on Imee's cell phone. He navigated the gadget as fast as he could. He just scanned Imee's inbox and contact's list.

'Negative. No signs of Melissa or her number . . .'

Next, he tapped on the screen, dialing Melissa's number. He got it memorized so that he could ignore her calls. He never saved it because he hated to see her, even just her name.

He placed the phone close to his ear and heard it ringing. Leo looked at Imee over his shoulder with that blank expression on his face, trying his best to look less suspicious.