53|| White Lace

Dante // February 28
•••

Where is she?

Celeste had made me feel things last night I didn't even know I was capable of feeling.

Chasing her around my room, hearing her laugh, kissing her for the first time.

Everything about last night was so easy and carefree. The way her hands touched my face, the way she'd looked at me, the way her lips felt against mine – it was all so goddamn relieving that I'm not sure there's even a word to describe it.

We'd made out until our kisses started changing into cuddles. And yes, then I'd held her in my arms.

Like two lovesick teenagers we'd laid there in my bed, cuddling until I fell into the best sleep I'd had in a while.

And then I woke up.

No body was pressed against mine and the spot next to me was cold and empty – indicating she'd been gone for a while.

That's when the panic hit me.

Did she have any regrets? Did I do something she didn't like? Was she using me? Playing with my feelings? Or did she just not like my mattress?

"AAH!" Adriana yells and slams a hand over her eyes. "My eyes! My delicate innocent eyes!"

Ricardo chuckles at her dramatic antics and I send him a glare.

"Seriously, Dante, put on a shirt. I have enough trauma as it is."

I never left my room without a shower or proper clothes, seeing as my men were walking around in most part of the mansion. But this morning I didn't have time for any of that.

So that's why I was running around my house with morning hair and wearing the same sweatpants I'd slept in.

"Stop acting stupid, Adriana." I shove her hand away from her eyes. "Have any of you seen Celeste?"

I ignore Ricardo's frown and focus on my sister when she nods. "Yeah, she's probably in the staff's kitchen with Piero."

I'm already walking when she finished the sentence and when I near the two white doors leading to the staff's kitchen I hear the voice that had been moaning for me a few hours ago.

"And then I put two plasters on." Celeste's voice sounds and I barge in to find her sitting on the counter, toast in hand as Piero is busy cutting something.

"So you didn't smoke anything?"

"Just one," she says while holding her index finger up.

He nods, putting some banana slices in a blender. "Good job, Celeste."

She beams at him. "Thank y-"

It's then that I decide to make my presence known. "Celeste."

Both heads turn towards me and she puts her toast on her plate before slipping off the counter and walking up to me. All the while I feel Piero's hesitant stare at the scowl on my face.

There's no emotion on her face that tells me she's mad at me, instead, she smiles.

"Hi, baby."

Baby.

The nickname eases some of the worry in my chest, but I'm still far from pleased with her.

She catches on to the look on my face and her smile falls. "You are upset?"

Instead of answering her question I take her upper arm and drag her out of the kitchen, back to my room.

"What's wrong?"