7

''You did good, as usual.'', the teacher handed me my exam, as I smiled. I felt someone whisper in my ear, but I chose to not let my brain process any of his words. He had kissed me against my will, and now he was acting as though it was completely normal. Who did Elan Lloyd think he was? Yes, we had been in the same school since what felt like forever, but we had never been friends... I would never be friends with someone like him. He really had no boundaries... Now I understood why the de Lys siblings had warned me. This was pure childish madness.

''Blondie... are you listening?'', he breathed against my ear, as I tried to keep his voice out of my mind with all of my might. But, the more I tried to forget and move on, the more his vocal cords kept dancing against his throat. I started fantasizing about cutting off his airway à la Edmund Kemper...

''Please forgive me, Candice. I just wanted to find a nickname you would prefer...'', he whispered again, this time his voice so heartfelt I couldn't bring myself to keep it out.

''It's not that easy. That was my first kiss. I was planning to give it to-'', I started, feeling my own airway start contracting as my heart beat faster, not from love but from anger.

''A serial killer.'', he cut, to which I frowned. How did he know? How did he always know? I had had enough of people reading me better than myself, I already had Mara... But deep down I knew he was right, which frustrated me even more. My little dream sounded so childish out loud, and I was in the presence of the most childish boy I had ever known, which meant a lot.

''It sounds stupid.'', I muttered, focusing on my exam paper, acting as though I was trying to correct my errors, but failing, as all of my answers were correct. I just needed an excuse... A good excuse... for I seriously needed to keep away from Elan. Him, and all those who somehow knew me better than myself even though we were mere acquaintances.

''How are you so sure your wish wasn't granted?'', he smirked, and I couldn't help but glance at his uneven teeth. His expression made me shiver, as he made such an innocent move seem disgusting. It wasn't about his outside, though, but what happened inside. He had an aura that I hated a bit more each day, each class. ''Nevermind, good luck, blondie.''

Maybe he was more than just childish.

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||| 0:10

Me and my favorite brunette sat in a café behind the school, pretending to do our homework, as we conversed about everything and anything at the same time. Though her actions could be extreme at times, I really enjoyed Layne's company, whether it be before or after she started wearing disinfectant key-chains all year. The one she had given me had proven itself to be useful at times, after all. I sighed, as I saw a student walk past us. Eyes the color palette of shit, hair blowing messily in the summer wind. Elan.

"Layne, it's not that funny. I'm sure I have a stalker.", I let out, as my friend laughed loudly. I tried to keep my voice low, at least until the boy was out of sight. He was already pushy enough, I didn't need him to get any more ideas by letting him overhear our conversation.

"That's not the funny part. The funny part is that you've always wanted to be stalked and now that you got what you wanted you're acting as though it was a bad thing.", she explained, playing with her braid.

"It's different this time. I think it's Elan.", I muttered, looking away. I knew I didn't have much proof, but then again all of the dots matched... When he had kissed me, I had tasted this faint scent of chocolate, lingering...

"Do you need any medication, Candice? I have some in my back-", Layne started, before I cut her. She was not taking me seriously.

"I'm not sick. I swear. He's always so strange. And the intruder smelled just like him. Chocolate.", I let out, trying to convince my friend using my gaze. She simply chuckled, looking back to her work.