chapter - 6

Past :

Author POV:

Two families geared up for a relaxing weekend at the park.
They settled themselves in the big car.

Veer took driver's seat with Raghu beside him.While the ladies along with Naina and Sri ,occupied the back. Arjun and Arun settled in the seats behind them, surrounded by picnic baskets .

"Raghu, I got a call from Spoorthi." States Veer .
"What's the matter?"
"We received a tender."
"That's good news. In which city Delhi?"
"No , Mumbai. Meena and I are thinking not to go there."

"Bhaiya, that's a wonderful opportunity for your company. You guys should go." Interrupted Sumithra with a concern.

"How can we go? We're bound, and the children too. We don't want to leave from here." responded Meena to Sumithra .

"Even though it's profitable, we can't leave our family, right, bhabiji?"
[Veer winked at Sumi through the rearview mirror.]

"I know we're family but..." Starts Sumithra to say but Meena cuts her and says "There are no buts ,Sumi. We're not going, and that's final."

" Fine , we just want good for  you guys but the final call is yours even if you go or stay with us nothing changes , but I think you should consider it Veer " Raghu said looking at veer .

" Okay we will consider it but not now , we have a lot of time for it we can discuss it later but now let's have fun " said Veer to end the discussion here as they have reached their location.

Getting out from the car the males take out the baskets from the car and females try to spot a good place in the park .

They got a good place  in the park where they have a fountain . It seemed like a busy day in the park as there were many people with their families to enjoy.

Meena and Sumithra took the blankets from the bag and spread it over the ground . Naina and Sri took out all the food items which was prepared , early in the morning for this picnic .

Everyone have their favourite cakes , chips , drinks , chocolates , biriyani, curry, kheer .

The families enjoyed their meal with jokes and laughter.
After completing the lunch they decided to have a walk around the park .

Arjun and Arun were running here and there when they found there was a running competition going on for the kids .

The Anchor of the game approached their parents and said
"We are  conducting a running race for the boys and as a part of it we have a  prize  . It's a gear cycle which has been launched newly in the market . The competition is going get started in a few minutes, would you like your children to participate in it ?"

Arun and Arjun got excited by listening to the word  cycle. They quickly ran towards the racing line.

It was a running competition of 100 metres around the park

Sri also wanted to participate " Naina and I also want to play the game."

"yes we are interested too" joined Naina.

But the anchor refused and said "girls  it's only for boys . there is a girls competition in next street  if you want you guys can participate there .

The girls were enthusiastic to join the competition , so Meena and Sumithra decided they will take the girls to the next Street after boys competition .

Veer and Raghu stayed with the boys .

There were 15 boys who were participating in the game . The game master shot the gun and the race began and  boys started to run .

It was a neck to neck competition between Arjun and Arun who were leading the race .