conversation

after school, Nami and Luffy go home.

Nami: Well, tell me, Luffy. I'm really curious about many things. First, your straw hat. Second, why do you disappear so often when I look for you at certain times, you, Zoro, and Sanji? Third, do you have a job, or who is your father and what does he do? What were you talking about? You and the law yesterday and.........

Luffy: Wait, wait, what are these questions, my love? Have you become a detective or what?

Nami: Oh, sorry, but you're really full of mysteries. You know everything about me, don't you?

Luffy: (sighs) I really know, I want to share everything about my life with you, but I'm afraid.

Nami: Why, I won't hate you.

Luffy: Believe me, Nami, when the time is right, I will tell you everything about me, even the smallest details.

Nami: Okay, Luffy, but tell me some things about you.

Luffy: Oh, well first of all, I'm from Brazil. I was raised by my grandfather and maybe your mother knows him. He's in the Navy and his name is Monkey D. Garp.

Nami's jaw dropped open to the floor.

Nami: Your grandfather is a marine hero. How, why didn't I notice this? This explains your strength.

Luffy: Chichi, Yes, he always trained me and my brothers.An old lady named Dadan raised us, although she was nervous, she had a very kind heart and she loved us all as if we were her grandchildren.

Nami: Oh, but where are your mother and father?

Luffy: I haven't seen my father since I was young, and my mother, according to what my grandfather told me, only died when I was born.

Nami: Oh, I'm sorry Luffy, I didn't know.

Luffy: There is no need to worry, this hat is a gift from an old friend. He gave it to me and it represents a promise between the two of us until I meet him and I will return it to him.

Nami: But who is this person?

Luffy: Mm, well I guess I'll tell you about this later.

Nami: Okay, but why did you and your sister move here? Did you face problems in Brazil?

Luffy: No, I didn't face any problems there. My sister and I just wanted to come here to be closer to our loved ones. As I told you, my grandfather lives here, and Ace does too, but in a very distant city, and it is difficult to take a domestic airport to arrive quickly, and Shanks, my sister's lover, is here as well.

Nami: (surprised) Makino-san has a boyfriend, I didn't know.

Luffy: Chichi, she loves him very much and has been in a relationship with him for about 6 years.

Nami: Wow, this is a very long time, won't they get married?

Luffy: He will propose to her today..

Nami: What really? Why didn't you tell me before, I should congratulate her.

Luffy: Chichi, well, I went shopping today, maybe when you come back you can come to us.

Nami: That's right, Luffy. I have one last question, and I hope I'm not being rude. Where do you get the money? I mean, you don't work, and neither does Makino-san, right?

Luffy: Nami, do all you care about is money? Well, as I told you, my grandfather is a marine hero, and my brother Ace works too.

Nami: Okay, I will believe you, but shouldn't you work?