JJK (x reader) Pt. 3

Chapter 3

You darted into the small kitchen area in your apartment and threw yourself onto the steamy loaf of bread, immediately engulfing half of it.

"Hey! Relax!", an unknown voice exclaimed from your right, then mumbled something you couldn't hear. "That was supposed to be my breakfast"

"Huh?"

You stared at them in confusion.

"Who are you?...", you asked in a suspicious manner.

"Erm... Your neighbor?...", they replied, not sounding very sure of their own answer.

You raised your eyebrows and narrowed your eyes.

"What if I don't believe you?"

"What?-"

You sent them a death glare and the room seemed to darken.

"Who are you, really?", you spoke in a low, yet intimidating voice, effectively making the stranger shiver and burst into cold sweat.

"I- I'm a- uh- a new em- employee of t- the l- land lord", they looked as if they were about to cry. "P- please don't hurt m- me"

Suddenly, you flashed a toothy smile and the atmosphere of the room relaxed.

"Ok!"

"W- what?...", the stranger looked flabbergasted by your sudden switch in behavior.

They let out a shaky breath and slid down the wall they had unconsciously backed into and plopped themselves on the floor. Now that you took a better look at the person, they seemed pretty cute. They had short hazelnut hair and eyes, small freckles on their nose and looked to be approximately the same height as you. (We'll say around 5'4"-5'8" for the sake of visualization)

They wore a simple navy blue sweater and some black jeans, despite the current heat of summer. Well, it's not that warm inside, thanks to the AC.

"Well, anyways, did you need anything?", you ask in a kind voice, hoping you didn't traumatize the poor boy.

"Uhm- as you may already know, the current landlord is pretty old and has developed a few joint problems, so she can't really go collect late payments like she used to, so since I'm her grandson and I'm in school, she proposed that I live in this apartment complex and collect payments for her as some kind of rent because this complex is closer to my school than my home, so-"

"OK OK I GET IT", you interrupted, already tired of his endless rambling. "So you're here to collect rent from me, correct?"

He nodded.

"Alright then let me get you the money", you said, going over to him and offering him your hand. "First, get off the floor please"

He took your hand and you pulled him up, surprised by how light he was. You turned around and walked to the counter. Your hand searched a bit under the edge of the counter until it found a small key taped to the underside of it. You took the key and opened a drawer with a lock on it, revealing a small stack of bills and a coin jar.