Chapter 18- An Unexpected Invitation

Legume frowned as she said, "Hey Tights. I need your help. Shy sent me another message."

Tights yawned. "Yeah, and?" Tights was nonchalant as she said.

Legume was confused as she replied, "Well, her last message has me confused. I was wondering if you could cypher it for me."

Tights groaned as she sat up. "Fine. Let me see what she said." Tights was solemn as she said.

Tights took Legume's phone from her, and her eyes slowly became wide as she read it. Tights looked at Legume and back to her phone several times. Legume began to become annoyed by what Tights was doing.

Legume finally had enough as she asked, "Do you know what it means or not?"

Tights handed back her phone. "I do, but I am not sure that you are ready for what it means." Tights calmly replied.

Legume looked confused as she said, "I am sure that I can handle whatever she has to say. Just tell me."

Tights thought for a few moments. "Fine. If you really want to know. She is wanting to know if you are free tomorrow to go on a date with her to see a movie and grab something to eat." Tights casually said.

Legume looked confused as she said, "A date? Well, tomorrow is Sunday. So, I suppose that it is as good as any other day to go and see a movie and grab something to eat."

Tights looked confused. "She isn't talking about a day of the week or a date on a calendar. She wanting to go on a date date with you." Tights frowned as she said.

Legume looked even more confused as she said, "Well, is there anything more specific than a day of the week? I am not following what you are trying to say?"

Tights was confused until she remembered what Bulma had told her. Tights sighed. "Your friend wants to know if you would want to hang out together and see a movie before grabbing something to eat." Tights cautiously said.

Legume was still confused as she said, "Why didn't she just say that without all of the other stuff. You humans are sometimes so hard to understand."

Tights smiled. "You have no idea. So, what are you going to say back?" Tights seemed relieved as she replied.

Legume thought as she asked, "What should I tell her?"

"Well, do you want to hang out with her or not?" Tights slightly smiled as she asked.

Legume nodded before she replied, "Yes. I think that would be fun to spend time with her outside of school."

"Then, just tell her yes. That you would like to meet up with her, but you will need to get your parents' permission." Tights calmly said.

Legume nodded before she said, "Okay." Legume typed a message and received a reply before she continued. "She said, okay and for me to let her know what they say."

Soon it was dinner time, and they headed to the dining room to eat with their family. They sat down in their normal places before the food was brought to the table. Legume asked for permission to hang out with her friend tomorrow. Dr. Brief and Bikini agreed. Tights offered to drive her to the mall despite Legume saying over and over. Dr. Brief stated that he checked with his lawyers, and the rules of the World Martial Arts' Champion are quite clear. Legume is not allowed to compete in another tournament while she is the current champion. Legume understood and promised to tell Shyla the news. After dinner, before Legume got changed, she messaged Shyla that her parents said yes. Shyla messaged Legume that they should meet up before lunch at the entrance to the mall. Then, Legume and Kakarot went outside to train. After two hours of training, they went inside to shower and get ready for bed. The next morning, they got up for meditation and training. After training, they showered and got dressed before they headed to the dining room for breakfast. During breakfast, Legume told them what Shyla had said. After breakfast, Legume headed up to find something to wear to hang out with Shyla. As she was looking, she heard a knock at her door. She went to her door to find Tights standing there.