1

(Oliver's outfit in media)

The first day of school is always painful, Oliver knew this. Here he was, on January fourth, having his third first day that school year. This one sucked even more than the other two though, because now it was already half way through the year. Even though Oliver never made friends, no one ever out right was rude to, or ignored him. It scared him, starting so far into the year because he didn't know how anyone would react to him being there. It was sort of funny to white haired boy, the fact that he saw hundreds of ghosts and malevolent beings every year, but a bunch of petty high schoolers made him shake in his combat boots.

Now, Oliver was stood in his room, facing the full length mirror and frowning at his appearance. Everything about him screamed DIFFERENT. His white hair, grey eyes, pale skin. There was so much to him that made him stand out in a crowd- mostly his hair. He'd tried to dye it before, but the brown color had completely washed out during his next shower. Everything he'd done to try and make himself look normal had failed. Hair dye didn't stick, colored contacts would fade, and tanning beds didn't work. Something in the universe was determined for him to look like he did, and it wasn't a damned God or Godess. It was just something. He hated it, whatever it was. 

Oliver had picked things that would make him blend in, nothing flashy. A beanie to cover his hair, large fake glasses to distract from his eyes,  a grey sweater to keep him bland, and regular skinny jeans to look natural. The only thing on him that could considered even slightly flashy were the black, leather combat boots he wore. The only reason they were considered eye catching was just the fact that they were combat boots, nothing else.

There was a knock at Oliver's bedroom door, making him look up from straightening his sweater. His aunt Harley poked her head in, smile as bright as her pink hair. "Almost ready, Caspar?"

He groaned slightly at the ridiculous nickname, regretting telling her about his ability. The only reason he did it in the first place was so that he wouldn't get in trouble for making them move so much. Every time she called him Casper, though, he regretted it.

"Yes, H. Lets go."

***

Oliver and his new principal, Mrs.Miller, were stood in front of his new class. Every eye was on him, almost as though they were all in some sort of agonizingly difficult staring contest. It really creeped him out.

After Mrs.Miller was done introducing him, she left. It was sort of terrifying. The art teacher had a curious look on his face and flicked his eyes over the room, searching for an open seat suitable for Oliver. And from what the whited could see, there were four. The options were a sweet, little shy girl, a short boy with a wild mop of hair, a scarily tall male with dark eyes, and finally, an average guy with lots of muscle. Out of them all, Oliver hoped for the sweet girl. She  didn't look at all terrifying and was, well, a female. He wouldn't feel flustered around her because there would be no attraction, this meant less awkwardness together as a whole.

"Okay, Oliver, please take a seat by Luke." Mr.Henns said, pointing at the average yet muscly guy. Oliver wanted to groan but just awkwardly shuffled to the back of the room where the red head sat. When he took the seat next to him, he turned to Oliver and smiled, dazzling the boy slightly. He was very good looking. Very muscular but not too tall, dark ginger hair, and beautiful blue eyes. "Hi, I'm Luke." He said quietly as Mr.Henns began speaking again, talking about how shading affected a picture.

"Oliver," He said back quietly, not trying to continue our conversation. Oliver ha no idea what to say, He'd never really had a friend before and was sort of anti-human. He could talk to ghosts with ease, made some dead acquaintances, but throw in someone who was actually breathing and Oliver was screwed.

"Where'd you move from?" Luke asked, scooting a bit closer to the now uncomfortable boy.

"Springfeild, Missouri." A short answer.

"Oh, why'd you move?" Luke tried again, wanting to actually talk to the new boy.

"Reasons." And Luke gave up, just smiling in an awkward way and turning back to the teacher who was passionately speaking about shadows. 

A/N

I'm sorry about the shortness ): Just sleepy and need to rest!

Do you guys like the characters so far?

VCF