4

After Harley had dropped him off at school, Oli had been a bit weary. Despite his aunt telling him everything was fine, it felt distinctly not fine. The feeling this town gave him was off, and he had no idea why there was an absence of spirits. Everything was weird. All his muscles were tight, his nerves sky rocketing with an unknown sense of dread.

In his first hour, art, Oliver was constantly fidgeting and messing with his hair. He felt so restless, like he needed to be ready for everything that was coming. The only thing that truly sucked about that, though, was that he had absolutely no idea what was coming. Only that it was going to be bad, and extremely large.

As Oliver was wringing his hands together, a hand landed on his shoulder, causing him to jump in his seat and whip his head around, only to see beautiful blue eyes. "Hey, Oli." Luke said, his voice soothing and smile kind. "Are you okay? You seem really... skittish."

Oliver was frozen, his lips parted slightly as he kept contact with the ginger. It took him a minute, but he finally smiled timidly and blushed, the pink very visible on his nearly white cheeks. "I'm fine, just a bit off. I don't feel the best." He said, lying but not being able to tell the truth. Even though Luke was stunning, extremely so, he was a stranger and Oliver knew nothing about him. Oliver was almost positive that Luke knew he was lying, but surprisingly let it go. The pale teen knew most people would push it, and he respected Luke for backing off.

The two turned back to the front just in time to see Mr.Henns writing their assignment on the board. "Okay, kids. Your time for the next two weeks will be spent making a picture about your life." He said  as he put the marker down. "No, I don't mean a play-by-play of what you've lived through. I mean something represents what you truly mean. It could be from a specific memory that has shaped your life, or a feeling that is you. It can be paints, pencil, charcoal- it doesn't really matter, as long as it relates to you and how you feel." The salt and pepper haired teacher smiled at all of them, gesturing around the room. "Collect what you want to use and get to work. Just remember, you have two weeks and don't need to rush."

Oliver wanted to groan, what could he make? A picture of Casper? He face palmed and watched as other began to mill about, grabbing paints or boxes of pencils. He had no clue of what to do. The ghost world wasn't making since and the moment and neither was the human.

Perfect.

***

"Hello, Alby!" Said Dan's now familiar voice as he sat at their lunch table. "How are you on this dreary day?" The blonde was smiling wildly and winked when catching Oliver's grey eyes.

"A little weird feeling, but fine." The ghost boy replied, avoiding looking directly in the handsome teens eyes. He heard it as Dan slid closer to him, until their sleeved arms brushed together. "Weird feeling? Like, you're turned on?" He whispered, moving his lips closer to Oli's reddening ears. "Do you need me?" Oliver was too stunned to do anything, so he just sat in mortification as Dan's voice dropped seductively. "I could fix those needs. I could pound that tight a-"

"Hi Bethany!" Oliver said, overly loud and extremely embarrassed, light headed from how much  blood was in his face. He was so, so grateful that the girl had shown up when she did. He had no idea what he'd have said or done if Dan continued what he was saying. The humiliation would probably kill him.

"Hi... Oliver." The brunet girl said slowly, confused by her new friends weirdness. She then glanced at Dan and nodded fondly, "Hey Dan." She sat in her usual spot and grabbed a bag of candy from her bag which caused the pale boy to laugh. "Nice lunch," He said, and Bethany looked at him with a playful scowl before seeing something peeking from the top of his shirt. Her hand flew out and she pulled down the collar of his Tee and gasped, "What the Hell happened, Oli?"

The white haired boy glanced down and shook his head. "What is it?"

Bethany poked her index finger at his chest area and he winced as pain throbbed form that spot. "You've got giant bruises here. They look like, almost like hand prints." She said, hazel eyes wide with worry.

Oliver had no idea what she was talking about, but he a few thoughts on how the bruises got there. He stood quickly, and smiled fakely, "Excuse me, please. I need to use the restroom." In a flash, he was turned and rushing from the filling cafeteria, panicking. From turning so quickly, he didn't notice the strange look on Dan's face.

***

As soon as he reached the bathroom and made sure it was empty, Oliver ripped his shirt off and stared into the mirror. They were everywhere. Dark, splotchy bruises covering his chest and torso. Each was placed precisely, looking as though the hands were leading down his body. They were clearly hand shaped, no doubt, but he didn't understand. Why was he covered in the bruises? He hadn't done anything wrong yet.

All Oliver did know, was that whatever the thing was, is that it wanted him hurt. This whole situation was just awful, and he knew it. So many red flags were popping up, and Oliver just wanted to know what was going on.

Where were the spirits?

Why did people disappear?

Why did the town feel so off?

Finally, why was he covered in bruises?

Oliver had been hurt by ghosts before, it was inevitable with what he did, but this was just down right strange. He got a bloody nose when surrounded by too strong of a spirit or had a black eye from a poltergeist. Never had mysterious bruises appeared on his body. He groaned and gripped the sink counter, letting his eyes slip shut from the frustration he felt. "Why?" He asked himself quietly.

He stood there for a while, head down and leaned against the sinks, but he had to look up when the room temperature dropped by at least fifteen degrees. He shivered and looked into the mirror that covered the wall in front of him. He screamed.

The restroom was now dark, and the only light came from a single bulb that lived above him. That wasn't what scared him, though. The dark was no longer a terrifying factor, what scared him were the bodies that seemingly came out of nowhere. The were just behind him, all dark and heads tilted down, as though avoiding recognition. The radiated absolute fear.

Oliver's breath was uneven as he looked at the sea of bodies, unblinking and still. He didn't want to take his eyes off the figures, too afraid they would attack him or disappear. "Who are you?" He asked slowly, his voice hard. It was entirely silent for a while, but eventually a voice spoke- or was it voices? It sounded as though all of them were speaking together, perfectly in sync. The only problem was that none of them seemed to be talking.

"Save us."

It was only two words, then the lights flickered on and the figures disappeared. Oliver stared into the mirror, frightened and surprised. All his bruises were gone.

A/N

Do any of you watch Extant? If so lets talk about how awesome tonight's episode was cx

Anyways, hope you liked!

VCF!