Chapter Seven

Anti led me through the woods, his mechanical braces propelling him forward, I had never seen him move so fast. "Wait up!" I called, starting to get out of breath. Even Chica was struggling to keep up. He stopped at the entrance to an old sewer tunnel, the other demons were waiting. I gasped when I got a better look at them...they all looked exactly like him. "W-what the...am I-" "seeing double?" Anti chuckled, gesturing to the other demons. "Not exactly." He beckoned me and followed the others into the tunnel. "These guys are my clones...Bob took some of my DNA, in the process he took my memory too. Well, some of it." He explained. "So they're, artificial? Like not real?" I asked curiously. "I guess so, but the demon masters that wanted to buy them don't know that." He replied as we continued on.

Anti explained everything as we continued to walk through the tunnel, right down to the awful machine that stripped him of his memory and made his clones. "So, Bob was cloning you to make more money?" I asked, still struggling to wrap my head around it. "Yep, so I guess these guys are my brothers." He replied, turning to look at the four demons walking beside us. "What's your names, then guys?" I asked with a smile. One by one they all shrugged and looked at Anti. "They all have numbers on their t shirts, I guess Bob wanted their new masters to name them." Anti frowned. "We were only meant to be products, property, we don't need names." Property. That word rung in my ears. I shook my head. "That's not true, artificial or not, you guys have feelings and deserve to be treated like real demons. Anti smiled warmly at me, as did his clones. "Thanks, Dark." Anti shook my hand. "This whole thing isn't over yet, I'll bet Bob and his crooks are still out there, let's start a resistance." The purple haired clone grinned. We nodded in agreement and put her hands together in a circle. "Let's do this."