CHAPTER 31: The Day

˚✧˖°.𖥔 ݁ ˖๋࣭ ⭑⋆。˚

9:34 AM...

Y/N's pov :

I woke up, my head hurting due to the painkillers I took last night.

Yesterday...I felt like I was drowning within my inner self. I felt like crying, but I tried to compose myself.

When they said those things to me, and abused me...I felt strings of...

...deja vu.

It was so similar. It was almost the same feeling. I tried to push the uneasiness away.

But...even though I knew how to fight, I couldn't.

I am a coward, I should have known before.

But...I will try my best not to be.

Today is the day of our first mission. I am kinda excited, and kinda nervous and uneasy about this. Last night was a wake up call for me. If I am not cautious, I might face consequences. World is a cruel place...no one is gonna care for you, you need to live by yourself at the end of the day.

I got up my bed. I took a deep breathe. My inner conflicts were acting up in the morning today. I took deep breathes and counted them.

I could hear noises from downstairs.
Hyunjin was arguing with Yeji, over some matter, about who gets the bigger gun. I opened my door and watched them from the railing of the first floor.

Hyunjin and Yeji were arguing just as expected. Ryujin was probably in the training room I guessed. Beomgyu amd Huening Kai were sitting on the couch, talking on some important matter.

I know the vice captain thing was just a joke. They would never make someone like me one. I took a deep breathe before going down. Everyone turned to glance at me. I locked eyes with Beomgyu in an instant. He stopped talking and just looked at me, with his light brown beautiful eyes. Shit! What was I even thinking? I must've gone crazy! I remembered last night. The way our eyes met, the way he took care of the wounds on my body. I just had a feeling I didn't hate him, like I used to. He wasn't that bad of a person.

"Morning."

I said, breaking eye contact from him, looking at the others.

"Morning, Y/N."

Replied Huening Kai.

Yeji was by my arm in a second.

"Y/N, darling, have you selected what to wear on the mission today?"

She asked.

"Huh?"

I said, confused.

"The party, Y/N!"

Oh right, the party of Yuta Nakamoto! It was a fancy party and I had to wear a fancy dress. But gosh...how am I gonna fight in a dress? And I am DEFINITELY NOT gonna wear a dress with a slit. Like in the mafia movies, where the female lead uses her leg to seduce the mafia boss or use it to kick some goons. But Nah, I hate slit dresses. I am gonna figure that out later! Right now, I had to reply to Yeji who had been trying to study my face.

"Oh yea, I remember."

I said, flashing a fake smile.

I felt her gaze on me. I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I took out some ingredients to make sandwich. I had forgotten the jar of my spicy sauce at home. I opened the plastic containing the bread. I sliced some cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and put it on the bread. I spread ketchup and mayonnaise on top of it and put the other bread above it. And Nah, I WAS NOT just gonna eat it like that. I opened the stove and heated the pan. I melted some butter and then roasted the sandwich. And then when it turned brown from both sides, I turned of the stove.