Part 3: Crowd of Zombies

As we sought to flee the cottage, a billowing cloud of dust descended upon us, obscuring our vision and halting our escape in its tracks. When the dust settled, the sight that greeted us was one of pure terror—a vast horde of zombies, emerging from the very earth itself like a tide of death.

With no time to spare, we turned and ran, our hearts pounding in our chests as the relentless advance of the undead bore down upon us. But no matter which direction we fled, the zombies seemed to anticipate our every move, their insatiable hunger driving them forward with single-minded determination.

As we fought tooth and nail to carve a path through the sea of decaying flesh, our efforts were met with grim resistance. The zombies, though frail and broken, possessed a strength that belied their decrepit appearance, rising again and again to renew their assault upon us.

But even as we struggled against the relentless tide of the undead, a new horror emerged—a legion of zombies raining down from the towering trees above, their descent like a macabre dance of death orchestrated by some unseen force.

Sarah's words cut through the chaos like a knife, her voice tinged with disbelief and dread. "They're zombie soldiers," she cried out, her words carrying over the din of battle. "We have to find another way!"

Desperation clawed at my chest as I glanced towards the source of the undead onslaught, my gaze falling upon the mass of crows hovering ominously overhead. Were they somehow connected to this nightmare? Were they the ones controlling the horde with their sinister powers?

But there was no time for answers, no time for contemplation. With nowhere left to run, we were forced to retreat to the relative safety of the cottage, our backs pressed against the cold, unforgiving wood as we watched the encroaching horde with mounting dread.

In the face of such overwhelming odds, hope seemed like a distant memory, a flickering flame threatened by the encroaching darkness. But even as despair threatened to consume us whole, a glimmer of determination sparked within us—a resolve to fight, to survive, no matter the cost.

For in this grim reality, where death lurked around every corner and danger loomed at every turn, there was only one thing left to do—stand together, and face our fate head-on, lest we be consumed by the shadows that threatened to engulf us all.