The Reality of Nightmares

Tanjrio: GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

He screams as he wakes up from Akumu's dream.

Tanjiro: I'm alive. I'm actually alive.

He turns to see a startled but tearful Nezuko.

Tanjiro: Nezuko?

Nezuko hugs him tightly out of joy.

Nezuko: I was so scared! I thought you were never gonna wake up!

Tanjiro hugs her back.

Tanjiro: I'm sorry. I'm very sorry.

He then noticed a burnt rope tied around his wrist.

Tanjiro: How did this happen?

Nezuko: I don't know. It was tied to you when I found you. When you weren't waking up, I had to use my Blood Breathing technique to wake you up.

Tanjiro: I smell traces of demon on this rope. I believe this mission is far from over.

He then remembered the ticket. He grabbed his hand and smelled it.

Tanjiro: Hmmm! This is coated with demon after it got punched! They must've been doing this to other demon slayers before us! Blood demon art can appear in many different forms. I guess there's some work to...

He then sees Rengoku standing while holding the girl by the neck.

Tanjiro: Mr. Rengoku! Mr. Soyama! Yuichiro! Muichiro! Zenitsu! Zenko! Hunter! Inosuke! Rui! Enmu! How did this happen?!

Nezuko: It's their tickets! I guess I wasn't affected because mine never got punched.

Tanjiro: The first demon from before saved you.

He was about to sever the rope but stopped millimeters away.

Tanjiro: Something's telling me that I shouldn't cut this rope. Nezuko, do what you did to me on everyone else.

Nezuko used the trance on her comrades burning the ropes off. And if Tanjiro cut them, those who aren't dreaming will never wake up again. Akumu neglected to explain this to his pawns, for he saw them nothing as food for him.

Tanjiro: Thanks you very much Nezuko.

They try to wake up their friends, but to no avail. 

Then suddenly, they were attacked by the girl that infiltrated Rengoku's dream.

??: Damn you! It's because of you that we can't ever have happy dreams!

Hakuji, Yuichiro, Muichiro, Zenitsu, Zenko, Hunter, Inosuke, Rui, and Enmu's attempted killers join her. The siblings couldn't believe it. They're doing this of their choosing. They noticed Tanjiro's attempted killer has woken up, but unlike his comrades he wasn't trying to kill him.

??: What the hell are you doing?! Get your ass up and fight! I don't care that you have tuberculosis! Help us! Or I'll get him." And you'll never have any more happy dreams!!

They were shocked. Akumu was using their fears to manipulate them. An unforgivable act. But it strengthens their will to fight.

They knock out the assailants with the noble art of chopping their necks with a quick swift.

However they missed one and tries to kill Tanjiro.

Nezuko: Tanjiro!!

Tanjiro turns to see the boy about to stab him, he shielded himself and covers himself, but suddenly he stops. he opens his eyes to see that Enmu had stopped him.