Prelude: Kyojuro Rengoku

As the breathing techniques were born into the demon slayer corps, many styles were created off of Sun Breathing. One of them was in fact a near close appearance of Sun Breathing, Flame Breathing. The Flame Breathing style was learned and taught by the Rengoku family one of the few families that joined the fight against the demons.

After the massacre of the Sun breathers and the death of Oyakata, the main bases of the demon slayer corps were to be moved in order to protect the strongest and their families. Up to the Taisho Era, the demons still have no whereabouts of any of their bases or homes. The demons could not find any lecture. And during all that time, those who learned the seven branches of the breathing styles, preserved what they knew and passed it on to their offspring.

One day, a child was born. And he was named Kyojuro Rengoku, born from Shinjuro and Ruka Rengoku. Shinjuro was happy that they were able to have a child to call their own.

Four years later, Kyojuro sees his father training with a sword and felt a flame develop in his heart.

Kyojuro: Father is truly amazing.

Shinjuro: So, you really like watching me do this?

Kyojuro: I do. But I wish to become just like you. A powerful SWORDMAN!!

So, he starts training with his father. Then three years later, Ruka gave birth to another child, Senjuro. Kyojuro was happy that we could have a younger brother. But happiness can also be taken away. Months after giving birth to Senjuro, Ruka developed a disease that was impossible to treat, leaving her bedridden.

On her final days, Ruka was spending it with her two boys.

Ruka: Kyojuro.

Kyojuro: Yes mother?

He replied with discipline.

Ruka: I want you to think hard about what your mother is about to ask you. Do you know why you were born stronger than others?

Kyojuro thought hardly but couldn't find an answer.

Kyojuro: I don't know!

Ruka: It's to protect those who can't defend themselves. People born and blessed with great abilities and strength are obligated to protect the weak and this world. Those with dark and evil intentions to use their gift to harm people is unacceptable. It's the will of the powerful to save the weak. That's the lifelong mission I'm giving to you. Do not forget that.

Kyojuro: I will not!

Ruka reached out and embraced Kyouro in a hug.

Ruka: My time left in this world is limited. But to be the mother of a proud and gifted son such as yourself, I truly blessed to be your mother.

Many days later, Ruka passed away, leaving Shinjuro in spiraling depression. But Kyojuro had to be brave as he promised his mother.

As the boy grew older, Shinjuro began to train them in sword fighting. But as years go by, Shinjuro stopped training them, as he still grieving his late wife. He began drinking on duty setting as a bad example to other demon slayers. Now as a young adult, Kyojuro has started to train with Ace and Mitsuri before she created Love Breathing until one day a crow from the Corps HQ arrived.

??: MESSAGE FROM HEADQUARTERS!! FLAME HASHIRA MUST COME TO HASHIRA MEETING AT ONCE!!

But unfortunately, Shinjuro was too stubborn to even move from his spot.

Shinjuro: I refuse yo go. As a Tsuguko, you're more than welcome to go and waste your time with those other fools.

Kyojuro: But father, as the current Hashira...