Reunion

(First Person) Astrid

When the door to the establishment opened, I caught the aroma of gross guy and sweat. "Wow nice smell" I coughed waving my hand in front of my face. "You get use to it" Hunter chuckled and grabbed a med kit off a table in the center of the room. There was a huge table in the center of the room, covered in almost every tool imaginable. Wrecker gently set me down in a chair and pat my shoulder. "Tech will fix ya up" Wrecker said, trying to soothe me. I gave a thumbs up and started taking off my gloves. I looked around the room some more, remembering when I was here for the first time. Amo and tools on the floor, the occasional shirt on a chair...all to memorable.

With a sigh I took off my mask and jacket and set it on the chair next to me. I rubbed my hand over my eyes and found myself glance out the large window, watching the ocean gently hitting the thick glass window. "Still like windows, Asta" asked a cool relaxed clone leaning on the table. "Still like called me that awful nickname, Cross" I snapped back. He smirked and put a toothpick in his mouth, rolling it from side to side between his teeth. I slowly made eye contact with him and he with me. Neither of us moved, like we were in a trance. Brown amber dancing with a bold emerald. The sound of foot steps approaching me broke me out of my trance and onto Tech. "I need you to lift your shirt" Tech said as he grabbed a bacta patch. I lifted part of my shirt up to reveal several scratches from the broken bowls shards.

Tech grabbed wet rag and started to clean the blood around my wounds. The scratch's were minor, not too worrisome. Well, to me anyways. "You might feel some slight discomfort" Tech warned as he put the cold wet rag on my wound. I hissed in pain and clenched my fist, feeling it starting to shake. He started gently whipping the blood away with the cloth. "That slemo" I growled in stuttering breathes. "At least you weren't in paled" Crosshair commented, drawing my attention to him. "That suppose to be comforting" I snapped, not in the mood for his bad jokes. "No. But it is suppose to be distracting" Crosshair bantered and flicked his toothpick, hitting me in the face. I scoffed and looked away from the smug look on his face.

He chuckled and got up from his leaning position, making his way towards his bunk to clean his rifle. "Just have to wrap and put on some bacta spray and you can go on your way" Tech simply stated, grabbing a bottle then shaking it. I closed my eyes as he sprayed it and took a sharp breath in. Then he grabbed the gauze and placed it over the scratches. I relaxed then placed my hand on the gauze, keeping it in place while Tech wrapped the bandaid around my wound. I thanked Tech and carefully sat up in my chair with a groan and put my jacket back on. "You should probably have that washed" Hunter smirked in a joking way. I chuckled and said, "Really, what gave you that idea? Was it the blood on my shirt or jacket that gave you the hint". "Ha ha! You haven't changed at all Astrid" Wrecker laughed from across the room. A small smile creased my lips. I really missed them. It's been so long since we all have sat with one another and just talked.

I slowly stood up and put my mask back on and started making my way towards the door. "Anybody want me to bring back beers?" I questioned, turning back to see their faces. "Yay! Can't say no to that" Wrecker loudly explained. I turned my head back to the door and started to walk out. "Mind if I bother you on your way there" I moody grey hair clone asked. I rolled my eyes and said, "Well, I think I no better than to stop you, Cross". On our way we started to walk, side by side. Silence filled the air as the sound of shoes filled the empty hallways of Kaminos. The white and dull halls seemed to go on and on every right and left turn we made. It felt as if we were not going anywhere but in a circle.

"Your awfully quiet"
"Is that really a surprise, Cross"
"Yes it is"
"Well things change and so have I"
"That's not why you're so silent"
"Oh and you know me so well"
"Enough to know I did something wrong to anger you"
"Your smarter than you look, Marksmen"