Change

(First Person) Astrid

9 Months Ago......

It was quiet all things considered. No one was trying to talk to me while in the Gunship. Good, I wouldn't respond to them anyways. Just me with my wireless headphones and the song Speakerbox by Bassnectar, featuring Lafa Taylor. I let the sound of the base hammer into my head, the feeling of it, comforting. One of the few things I am finding comfort in during this war. My style is also one of the many things I don't like about this war. The most skin tight out fit you can find, that is a onesie and just flexible enough so you can fight in it. Not fun at all. Besides, a onesie is the most inconvenient piece of clothing ever in a war. Hate it so much. But, war is war I suppose.

I've been on solo missions only, the very long ones. I have been stationed at serval worlds, mostly for elimination missions. It's a lonely job that causes me to barely put any effort into them. They were too easy for me. My master expects great things from me and thinks I can do more. I a currently bring led the a secret Republic base on Ryloth for getting information from a small Separatist base. Don't know what the information is but all I know is that it must be retrieved at all costs.

Before I knew it, the Gunship landed in the landing zone. I made my way off with haste to see a certain clone commander waiting for me. I removed my head phones to putting them away in their case. I removed my mask as well. "Well, well, well. If it isn't my favorite student" the commander said with a causal smile on his face. I made my way over to him and gave him a hand shake. "Nice to see you too, commander Cody" I replied in a stern tone. Commander Cody was my mentor back when I was 12. He taught me to control my anger and use it to my advantage. He taught me to be a good solider. But I was better than a good soldier. "If you follow me, I can get you briefed on the mission, along with the clone squad you are working with" Cody commented as we walked over to a near by ship.

Wait, team. Yeah I don't do team work, I do me work. "With all do respect, commander, I work better alone" I stated sternly. "I know you do but you will need to learn to work with others. Who knows, you might be stationed with a squad and have to work with them for a long time" Cody replied in a monotone. If I get put with a clone squad, I hope on our first mission we all die. I hate clones, expect for a small few. As we entered the workshop, the sound of men yelling orders and blowtorches filled my ears. Metal merging with metal, such a subtle sound if you listen close enough. I put my mask back on as we neared a group of soldiers. They looked nothing like clones.

"Sorry for the hold up, had to find one more party member" Cody said gesturing to me. "Astrid, nice to see you all" I commented in a cold way. I could be at the separatist base by now. "I will brief everybody on the ship. We need to be there by dark" Cody commanded as we all got aboard the ship. The doors of the large gunship closed as the ship lifted off from the ground to start flying to our destination. I glanced at the 'clones' around me, taking them in. One had long dark brown hair with a red bandanna around the rim of his forehead. Half of his face had a tattoo in the shape of a scull. Black armor with dark red contrast and a knife holder on his left arm. Brown eyes that showed confidence and bravery. 2 blasters on each thigh with his belt hanging very low on his little to nothing hips. Must be in charge of this group of renegades. I glanced at the one behind him. He was a real tall fellar with no hair and a huge scar all over the left side of his face. His left eye I assume to be denied of sight while the other was granted. He was pure muscle by the looks of it, with no fat that appeared to be on his tall form. I guess he is the tank of the bunch. He had one blaster in his backpack of sorts and a large vibrio blade that was holstered to the side of his right boot. Maybe he can spare.