𝙁𝙚𝙖𝙧

What is history without war?

Although shedding one another's blood is erroneous, it builds history and shapes the far future. People learn and understand the past mistakes left by the makers of that story.

   History of war could create opportunities like alliances and peace between rivals. The brutal acts and immoral sins inflicted in the past can lead to change.

   But for the worse or better?

   People decide whether to follow the path of their ancestors or carve their own narrow trail. Some continue the carnage and let history repeat itself, or write a new chapter of a new beginning.

   Is war—

   "Worth our brethren's blood?"

   One of the Grigori commanders queried. The three-way war between angels, devils, and fallen angels was minimizing their numbers. At some point, they might have little to none near the end.

   Another commander perked up at the question. "What are you trying to propose? A sudden retreat after the blood we have tainted our hands with? It's too late to start questioning the worth."

   Kokabiel opens his hand as a golden spear of light manifests in his possession. He points it at his brethren with a twisted curl on his lips.

   "Of course, war is worth our men's insignificant and pitiful lives! We are fighting to eradicate the angel and devil factions from existence." Kokabiel retorted with bared teeth.

The fellow Grigori commanders fell into deep silence after re-hearing their main purpose of intercepting the war.

   The maniac Kokabiel was indeed right, they participated in the Great War to destroy the angels and devils. Turning back now would only acquire defeat and shame on their faction.

   A middle-aged man suddenly spoke up. "Is the word to resume fighting this dreadful war?"

   The high-ranking fallen angels came to an agreement of pushing onward into the Great War until a tall young man with black hair paired with golden bangs and a black goatee spoke.

   "Hold on," The young man said as he came into view of the other fallen angels. "Wouldn't it be wise for us to wait for either the angel or devil faction to win while carrying heavy bruises? We would then sweep in and clean up the remaining enemies."

   Kokabiel sends a harsh glare at the man. "That deems us as cowards! We fight amongst them and show them our great force. Don't play cowardly Azazel because it makes us look weak!"

Azazel was the governor-general of the Fallen Angels. He was a man with a plan, a plan involving dishonor and cleverness. He didn't care whether it shamed him as long it brought desiring results.