𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧

The world is enthralling and peculiar

The world is enthralling and peculiar. Plenty of mysteries and beautiful sights to intake, but why is every enticing thing is tainted and defaced by beings that walk along the earth?

They haunt and spread fear along the places. People commit sinful and immoral acts that don't match the world and its content.

The wrongs become regularly practiced and implemented, which plagues the earth. Beauty comes along with terror and fear.

   A little child crumbled to the cold hard floor with cuts and bruises. Tears prickled in her eyes as a middle-aged-looking man stepped out of the shadows with sweat drizzling down his face.

   The man approached the wounded kid before grabbing a handful of her brown hair. "You're one tough kid for giving me trouble. Makes me want to lose weight."

The child stifled a whimper, afraid to let a noise slip past her lips and receive a beating for it. The man then hauled the frightful kid and positioned her on his side before walking again.

They traveled through the cluttered building packed with broken bottles, torn clothes, burnt cigarettes, and small bed tolls on the floor. Then further in the place, different voices were heard laughing and chattering out loud.

   At some point, they reached the area where most of the men and women were hanging. The little girl, despite her limited view, could see one of the adults with black-feathered wings behind their back.

"Look, Haku managed to capture one of the children without coming back short-handed."

   The group shared laughter while Haku simply glared at them for their redundant tease. He was regularly picked on because he has a history of failing to meet expectations of a task.

Haku flicked them off before tossing the child on the murky floor and leaning his back against a wall, his arms folded. "Capturing this runt was light."

   "The cuts on your arm aren't aligning with what you are telling us."

   Haku clicked his tongue. "She's a persistent one, always finding a way to escape, even when driven to the corner with bruises on her."

   One of the men in the large group got up and unsheathed a small knife. "The runt drove you nuts huh? Why not punish her for her troubles." He crouched next to the girl and grasped her chin.

   "Inflict some consequences on her~"

The man pinned the tip of the knife against the child's neck. "Come on Haku, don't get all soft with me. I would take the blame if our superior isn't pleased with the carves on her skin."

   Haku narrowed his eyes at his Fallen brother, contemplating if he should dare to do it. If he doesn't do it, his reputation as a pushover will still continue until he dies.