two

II. Georgie Calls

LONDON: September 2023

TWITTER:

@princegeorge: I swear when I get there and you aren't ready

    @LizCamps: @carmen your boyfriend is being mean, get him please

    @carmen: nuh uh babes, we have an agreement, you have him at this time of year

    @princegeorge: why does it seem you guys don't want me around

    @carmen: where'd you get that?

    @LizCamps: BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Eliza was fixing her schedule, she had big things coming up the next months. She was focused, trying to put things in order when her phone rang. She glanced at it and sighed, she knew she had to answer it or else he would force himself inside her apartment, and that was something she didn't want to happen (even if he was supposed to be there in a few, she just didn't want him to break her door again).

Her best friend had a tendency be a bit overdramatic that's why there was a moment where he broke down her door because she wasn't answering her phone because she fell asleep and the last him and Carmen heard from her was, she was sick. He can be a bit dramatic most times.

She answered the call only to be greeted by a ranting George. "Please tell me you're ready." He said with a huff after ranting about the traffic he experienced in London.

Eliza hummed, "I am, I just have to put my shoes on once you get here." She said as she ticked on some plans she had to cancel next month. George let out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness." He said.

The girl snickered, "I'm not opening the door for you." She said. George let out a laugh, "You will never do that to me." He said pointedly.

Laughter came out of Eliza, "Yeah you're right."

"Of course I am-"

"I don't need you breaking another door." She cut him off. George groaned making her laugh more, "I didn't lie." She said.

"Yeah yeah, just open the door."

Eliza walked to her door and opened it only to see her best friend looking at her unimpressed. She laughed and rolled her eyes before walking away letting him in. "Hi smartass." He said as he closed the door.

She glanced at him but walked back to her table where her laptop was. George followed her and taking a peak at her screen. "So, you accepted the deal?" he asked as he sat on the extra next to hers.

A sigh escaped her lips and looked at him, "What do you think?" she asked rhetorically. He raised an eyebrow at her, "Well, I think you're not just fixing your schedule for nothing." He pointed out.

This made her snicker and shook her head before turning back to what she was doing. "You ready to kick some ass?" she asked. George chuckled and nodded, watching as she moved some events and plans around.

"You know I am." He answered. A quick silence engulfed them until George decided on getting to the point already, "I'm excited for you to join us. At the track, in Mercedes." He said.

The driver knew how hesitant his best friend of 5 years was with joining in person with the team, he didn't know the exact reason, the only thing he knew was that she was scared. Eliza didn't have any personal experience of losing people in the sport but she had a weak heart, the worry would make her sick and light headed. It was not good for her health. But deep down, George felt there was something more to it than just that.

Eliza looked at him and sent him a small smile, "I'll be working behind the scenes anyway." She simply said. George grinned at her, "At least you'll be there."

She looked away from him, there was still hesitation from her. He sighed and placed a hand on her arm, "I know you're worried-" "I always am George. I could ignore it before, not knowing anything about F1 but I met you. You're like my brother George, if you get hurt-"

She had to stop herself, not even wanting to think it. The dreaded feeling she had buried deep down in the past was crawling back up again. There was also fear, fear that they would cross paths again. If that happened, she wouldn't be able to hide from everything.

"If I get hurt, you and Carmen will be there to patch me back up again. And you're right, I am your brother." He said, his words making her look at him. He was smiling reassuringly at her, "That means you'll be there for me when I do. I know you worry but I won't do anything that will make you feel sick, I promise."

Eliza knew that that was a lie. Every driver was different when they were inside the car, driving around the track, and overtaking their friends. And she knew George, she knew how he could be.

But despite not believing her best friend she sighed and closed her laptop. "Let me get my shoes and we can go." The two had planned to go out for lunch.

The young woman stood up and walked to her room to get her shoes. George sighed, he was worried for her but it would be good for her. The doctor said it would make her be stronger if she faced her fears slowly, and she did, accepting the job in Mercedes, being friends with him, but this was the next big step.

Something that Eliza had been putting aside but she couldn't say no now. It was the last thing she had to do to be officially be part of the team. She had been a part time digital designer for Mercedes from the start of the season, and now it was in the middle of it, she was asked to go with them for a race or two to see where she was, if she was willing to accept a full time contract with them.

Shaking his head, he knew she will change the subject once she comes back with her shoes on. So, when he caught sight of her phone, he decided to be a bit silly.

TWITTER:

@carmen: why does it seem like he's staring straight into my soul

    @LizCamps: sorry for that babes he got a hold of my phone

@princegeorge: thanks bestie!

    @LizCamps: yeah sure whatever keeps you from having nightmares idiot