thirty-two

XXXII. Date Night

BRAZIL: October 2023

TWITTER:

@fan187: it could be chaos for all we know

@fan77: no this is bad

@fan65: nah nah they look like they're gossiping

@MercedesAMGF1: smells like trouble

      @GeorgeRussell: 👀

Quali Day: After Mexico, Eliza and Alex has been hanging out nonstop, meaning the drivers and even the different teams have noticed their closeness. This led to the rise of questions about them (not including those who know the truth about their past).

Except for George, he was ecstatic that his friends had reunited and we're getting on quite well, but there was still one question nagging in his brain.

"Are you guys together already?" George asked Eliza, his question successfully caught her off guard. It made her spit out the coffee she was drinking.

Looking at her best friend in shock only to see that he was unfazed and was very much serious with his question. She sighed and placed the cup down, "Well, no." she answered.

George scrunched his face and furrowed his eyebrows, "Well why not?" he asked. To Eliza, he sounded like a little child asking a question to their parents that came unanswered.

She shook her head, "Because we haven't talked about it." She explained and grabbed the coffee to sip it. George raised an eyebrow at her before glancing at the group the were walking to them.

The two were at getting breakfast before going to the paddock for the race. Eliza had given in having breakfast with her best friend because George complained of not having enough time together (and another reason was to pester her about Alex).

"Well, now you can talk about it." He said motioning behind her. Not knowing what to expect, Eliza turned to see Alex walking to them with a smile.

Her eyes widened and kicked George who groaned. "What the hell Els." He muttered. She didn't get to react much because Alex tapped her shoulder, she looked at him and they sent each other a smile.

"Want to grab a toast for that coffee Liz?" he asked. Eliza blushed but nodded, "How'd you know?" she asked and stood up. Alex shrugged, "Lucky gamble. You always did that before Lizzie..." he simply said as he placed a hand on her back to lead her back to the buffet.