Burned out

A/N
This took an embarrassingly long time to write.

"Thank you"

"For what?" Carina asked confused.

"For everything" she managed to say, but wanted to add for not leaving me, for giving me another chance, for caring about me, no one ever did that to me.

"Are you stupid? Why did you do that? What were you thinking of!!" Vic yelled, ripping her oxygen mask off.

Maya gasped and coughed harshly, she tried to focus but the constant ringing coming from her ears prevented her, she made the dangerous decision to jump in front of an old lady to protect her from an explosion that threw her back, and might triggered her old injury leading to the light ringing in her ears.

When Vic finished her rant she noticed that the blonde wasn't answering and had a confused look on her face she knew something was wrong "Maya? Can you hear me?" She said snapping her fingers.

"Huh?" Maya said trying to figure out what her friend was saying.

Vic grew more worried for the blonde, so she grabbed her hand and dragged her toward the aid car to get her checked out, Maya complied With Vic and let her drag her knowing if she fought her they would force her to go to the hospital which is much worse than letting Ben clear her, but she did not take onto consideration that Ben was the one sending her to the hospital.

"No no no, I will not go anywhere. I am perfectly fine" Maya Argued with Vic and Ben, who were trying to convince her to go to the hospital, their voices were muffled as if her head was underwater, but as soon as she saw them exchange worried glances, she knew what was going on.

"Maya you hit your head very hard you need to get checked" Ben said trying to reason with the stubborn blonde.

"What is happening?" Andy asked upon hearing the commotion.

"Maya banged her head, and she can barely hear, and you know her she is refusing to go to the hospital" Vic said in a normal tone proving her point when Maya looked confused and then demanded them to speak up.

"Is that true Bishop?" The captain questioned raising her eyebrow.

"They are making a big deal out of this, I am totally fine it does not hurt" the blonde objected causing the other firefighters to roll their eyes.

The redhead did not believe that for a second, she had been observing the blonde for the past weeks spending more time at the gym and less time with the team, being more reckless than usual on calls And she could see that the blonde was going back to the old version of herself she didn't know what caused this drastic change of behaviors, but after confiding her feelings and worries to Amelia she got her answer, Carina was presented by the opportunity to continue her research and the two wives' schedules has not been aligned since and could not find the time to spend with each other causing the blonde to shut down, the captain tried to send Maya home multiple times when she knew that her wife was there but each time the blonde declined.

Andy sensed that Maya was getting more frustrated and agitated by the second, standing there between the 3 firefighters arguing she knew she needed to act quickly "Stop" she yelled drawing the attention of the 3 firefighters "Warren & Hughes take her to the hospital than report back, and Bishop you are relieved from your duties for the rest of the shift" she ordered then add sternly "That is an order" when she saw Maya was about to open her mouth.

There was an echo of a yes captain before they wheeled the blonde into the back of the aid car.

"Maya Bishop female 36 severe head injury..." Ben started listing off wheeling the injured firefighter into the ER.

Can you please fix me?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें